Chapter 17

Hi all.  Double upload.  Enjoy reading.    Meet Anna-Beth.

We have been in Miami for a week and Ty got a job as a bartender in one of Peter’s friend’s clubs. We also got an apartment close to the beach and the rent was good. We had moved in two days ago. It was quit big. It had three bedrooms two bathrooms an open plan kitchen dining room and a living room. Peter found it and it was close to his university and the club where Ty found work.

Peter wasn’t planning to share the apartment with us and I was happy about that. We were still getting to know each other and I felt we shouldn’t rush things. The days were too long but because of the pregnancy there was no way that I would get a job even just for a few months.

I spend my days making the apartment liveable and cooking and cleaning. I went to the market everyday to buy fresh vegetables and fruits and ingredients for the meals I cooked. I went early in the morning so Ty could sleep without me banging around the apartment cleaning and being busy.

After going to the market I would get back home and cook breakfast for when Ty wakes at around ten and when we have eaten we would sit around for an hour and talk and then he would do his thing and I would get to cleaning. I would then have a fruit for lunch because I am usually alone at that time and then I would start prepping for dinner. Between prepping and actually cooking dinner I normally have about three to four hours free so I would either meet up with Ty or just go explore on my own.

Today I met up with Peter’s sister. She was the same age as me and a very spirited girl. We met when Ty and I came to town with Peter and his parents let us stay with them till we found the apartment. Anne-Beth had booked us at a spa for the day and I was really excited.

“So I have booked us for manicures and pedicures and hot stone massages. You would feel so good after that and next week we could go to a salon so you could do your hair and facials. I know just the place.” Anna-Beth said with a huge smile.

I looked at her and I saw this very petite girl with big eyes and short blonde hair. She reminded me of a fairy I once saw in a book as a child. “You know I really think that sounds good. I could use a few hours of relaxation.”

“Pretty soon that little bundle of joy will take up all your time and sleep and then I would have to do all this again.” She sounded just as excited as peter about the baby I wasn’t so excited about.

We entered the spa and the lady at the front desk led as to a room that screamed tranquility. I immediately got this calm feeling and I decided that I would not think about the things I couldn’t change.

“So if you don’t mind me asking, can you tell me about Ty? He is so mysterious and soooo sexy. I think I have a thing for dark brooding men.” She was going on like a smitten teenager.

“Ty is complicated and didn’t have the best childhood. He is our age but already grown up, like he is too old for his age or maybe too wise for his age. I don’t know really how to put it. He had to grow up faster than anyone our age should.” I looked at her and I saw her big eyes sparkle. “He is kind and such a good listener. He doesn’t want the people he is close to to hurt. He will do anything in his power to protect the ones close to him and when he trusts you that is the most amazing thing ever.”

“Wow, the two of you are really close. How do you feel about my brother?”

“I like him very much but we are still getting to know each other and I don’t know where our relationship would lead us. Do you like Ty?”

“Yes, I do and I haven’t seen much of him so I was hoping you could arrange that so I could get to know him and he can get to know me.” She looked at me with pleading eyes.