Chapter 8

To all my readers.  Thanks so much for your support and encouragement, you are all the best.  Thanks to all of you who is reading AS STORMY AS THE BERMUDA TRIANLE.  It is currently #253 in Non Teen Fiction and #438 in Romance.  This one is dedicated to my new fan.  And a shout out to oxstoryloverxo.

Enjoy

I opened my eyes and the sun was shining through the open curtain. I was confused; I did close the curtain last night. I smelled food too, bacon and eggs. I lifted my head and looked around the room. I saw the cart with two closed lids, last night’s burger and chips with ribs had three lids. The room door opened and Peter came in. He probably thought I was still asleep and closed the door very softly.

He turned and saw me up. “Good morning Eva. Did you sleep well?” He sat down on the wingback chair next to the bed.

“Fine thanks, what are doing here and how did you get in my room?” I touched my body under the blanket to check if I was still dressed.

“Don’t worry. I slept in the chair and to answer your questions, I went to my room to shower last night and I took your key so I could check on you during the night, I couldn’t sleep in my room so I came back here, slept in that chair waking every few hours to see that you were still breathing and when the kitchen opened I ordered breakfast and went for a quick shower and returned just now.” He walked to the cart and poured two cups of coffee. “Do you take cream and sugar?”

“No.” I took the cup. The coffee was good. “Thanks, but you didn’t have to stay. I have gotten this far without someone checking on me.” I got up and went into the bathroom; I had the bladder of an old lady these days. I washed my face and went back out.

“Eat.” He set the plate and cutlery down on the small dining table for two and sat his down across from me. He took a seat and signaled for me with his hand to take mine. “I will leave when you finished eating.”

“Fine.” I sat down and looked opened the lid; there was a bacon and egg with grilled cheese sandwich. It looked just as good as it smelled. “I don’t usually eat this early.”

“It’s not early; it is exactly twenty minutes to ten. The food is cold and that is the third pot of coffee.” He ate and watched me do the same. “So who is Dylan?”

“How do you know that name?” I tried not to show emotion.

“You cried in your sleep and you said his name. You talk quit a lot in your sleep.”

“He was my ex.” I touched the ring that hang on a delicate chain around my neck. The ring was the only thing I took with me when I left home.

“Is he the reason you are like this?”

I didn’t answer I just finished my food and went into the bathroom to take a shower. I didn’t want him to know my sad soppy pathetic life story.

I took my clothes off and got into the very hot water. I washed my body with my lavender body wash and I washed my hair again. I shimmied down the tiled wall and sat in the corner of the shower under the running water. I sat there with my knees against my chest and my arms around my knees. At first it was only to hold myself together but then it was in fear. I suddenly felt scared, Dylan was gone and now no one would believe me when I said that it was him who was behind the videos. Now no one would know the truth. Before yesterday I still had hope that all of this would be sorted out and I could go to college and live my life, but that hope was now running down the drain with the water. I just sat there not thinking anymore, I couldn’t think, I was completely empty.

The cold water washing over me brought me out of the black hole I was in. I got out and wrapped the towel around me and left the bathroom. I saw him sitting there in the wingback but I didn’t care. I took clothes out of the drawer but then just put them on the bed.