Chapter 26: Act 6

Waking up, they found themselves tucked in a king-sized bed. Other than feeling quite clean, they hadn't gotten far into discovering where they are. Draco was gaping at his sister, who began to look more and more like their aunt: long curly black hair, and green eyes with hints of brown freckling through them. 

The twins stared at each other, not knowing how to react to being thrown out of the void or their ever-changing appearances. 

He looked the same as he did before. Only his hair darkened slightly to a more natural color, in the human sense anyway. 

The fatigue and nausea from interdimensional travel hit the two of them like a tidal wave. Not only were they forcefully moved, but uncomfortable pressure wrapped around their abdomens.

Estella flopped back down onto the pillow and groaned. Draco, feeling dead to every world looked at the wall, contemplating if calling for Thanatos would get him killed. He just wants to go back to Hogwarts. He wants to cuddle up to Strix and read whatever Professor Binns droned on and on about in class. 

While looking clean, both siblings felt dirt cling to their skin and under their nails. Hesitantly, Estella dug through the room, finding a few outfits in the drawers and devices in the side tables. 

Her infamous phone lays in her hand, making sparkles appear in her eyes. She hugged it tightly and sighed in relief. Draco hummed in question, snapping out of his daze. 

"My beloved." She held it up proudly, scrolling through her contacts. 

Unsurprisingly, strikethroughs went through a few names. 

Harry, Sirius, Luna, Thanatos, Poseidon. 

She fell face-first into the bed, screaming into the covers. The boy fumbled with the iPhone and clicked the most recent contact. 

"Ellie?! Where the hell have you been, it's been a week!" 

"Seth said he would pause time! That mothe&#**&%$^&****************" 

"Wow. How creative." A dark voice echoed from the corner. Her head snapped to the left and she glared. "Why the hell has it been a week? Elijah must be fuming! I have plans, Seth! You know that!"

"Plans that you can enact through the phone. I can only stop so many timelines without repercussion."

She held her hands out as if they were strangling someone and let out a frustrated shriek. 

"How long will we be doing this?!" She cried. "A while," Seth smirked openly. "I could kill you." She contemplated. With a nod, she stood up. "Yeah, if I kill you, we could just hitch a ride with Hypnos. Or perhaps I could just jump us back myself." 

His eyes glowed a bright gold and she fell with an agonized yelp. Her manicured hands clawed at her stomach as her jaw clenched. Draco threw a pillow at the man and yelled for him to stop, uncaring if the house they were in was empty or not. 

The tassel hit the god in the eye and fell to the floor. 

Turning slowly, he glared at the boy. A knife hit his foot before he could hit the boy with power, however. 

Estella's tattoo swam across her skin. The snake slithered around her neck and down her arms as the knife engraved with runes sank into the floor. 

Protection magic, she guessed. Whatever wards Seth put on her, couldn't keep out Thanatos' own Runes. 

"Although I cannot kill you now, the moment I regain my power, I will make sure you are so far into the void that no matter who you call for, or what power you possess, you will be alone forever. Nothing but ashes, you fucking piece of shit." The power of an unbreakable vow sparkled between the two deities.