Final Answer

The door opened, revealing a struggling Penny and Simon. Charles' worst fear had come to pass. "Stay away from them!" He yelled out. But Amelia didn't listen. Instead, she advanced to Simon and looked down at him. "Simon, the little boy who escaped my pocket of time. Tell me how did you manage to do it when the others couldn't?

Simon looked back at her. With no fear in his eyes. "I was never afraid of you. I never listened to you. I never believed what you wanted me to believe. I had hope that one day, I would be free. Since time is what you make here, I did just that."

Amelia stepped back. Shaking her head and laughing lightly. "So you uncovered my secret. So clever. Just like your father Fransis. And you even have Shanon's will to live."

Simon started to fight against the guards harder.. "You don't get to say their names! You were the one who killed them!"

Amelia raised a finger at him. "But you're forgetting, if it wasn't for me, you wouldn't have become the prince." She then paused and started to walk around him.

"But you never wanted that. No, no not at all. That's not who you are. You were always that little boy who made mischief. You never wanted to be royalty. You wanted freedom. You wanted to get away. And most of all, you wanted your old life back. But this life of yours has given you a gift that you would never take back."

She kneeled at his level. "Your power to talk to the dead. Simon, you are the final piece of your own puzzle. You are the only one that can change your life."

"What are you talking about!?" Simon asked.

"This is what will happen. If the King and Queen die, you could reach out to Fransis and Shanon and tell them to inhabit their bodies. And once that happens, you can have your mother and father again. And you can have your old life again."

Hearing this sent chills through Charles' spine and he shouted out. "No, don't listen to her!"

Amelia continued. "If that is your choice, I will surrender and retreat. Never to attack or return to Zodious ever again."

"It's a trick Simon! Don't believe anything she says! She's a lying cunt!" Penny yelled. And she continued. "You're our family! Mother and father have loved you just as your birth parents did! The people of Zodious love you! Aaron loved you! Peter loves you, I love you! You're the best brother I've ever had!"

"Silence girl!!" Amelia raised her voice at her. But before he could open his mouth his eyes rolled into the back of his head.

Once his eyes opened, he was in the same meadow. And was looking at two people. A woman with red hair in gentle curls in a long white cotton dress. She smiled at him and walked towards him. She held his face and wiped a tear from his eye.

"Mother." Simon choked out. Shanon smiled again. "I prayed to the galaxy that you would have a free life. That you would grow strong and smart. And that you would be loved unconditionally. It seems that my prayers were answered."

"Why didn't you come to me on my birthday?"

Francis, who looked an older version of Simon, stood next to his wife and spoke up. "We didn't want to hear you blame yourself for our death. It was never your fault. In fact, it was me who made a hole in the gate. I knew you would find it." Fansis said as he joined the embrace. "Now with your power, we will never be apart from you my son."

"Now we will always be with you." Shannon whispered. With one last look at his mother and father Simon's eyes rolled back. When he opened them again, he was back in the pocket of space. Everyone looked at him in anticipation.

He turned to Amelia. He knew his answer. After fifteen years, he finally knew. "I already have my family Amelia. I won't give them up for anything."

Her eyes glared down at him and she growled. "Then you and your reched family will join them beyond the galaxy!"

She let out a loud screech and sped toward Simon, taking him to the ground. She reared her fit back and punched him repeatedly in the face. Amelia held up her dagger, aiming for Simon's heart.

"NO!!!!"