My Hymn For Her

After that was said everything went white. When I opened my eyes again, I was back in my bed. Now I knew what I had to do. I jumped out of bed and got dressed. I packed away my bow and hidden dagger then barged into my sister's room. I shook her awake, "Penny, wake up." She opened her eyes quickly. "What's going on?"

"Long story short, I talked with Victoria. You have to come with me to Mercury. I need you to have my back. I can't go alone."

"What!? I thought Aunt and Uncle-" I stopped her. "Amelia will kill them before they even get close to mother and father. We have to get there first and free them first. If they die, mother will never forgive herself. You know that Penny. We're the only ones that can save them now."

Penny lowered her head. Now I understand. But before she could speak up, Angel walked in. "What's going on here?" He asked.

Penny turned to look at him. Then faced me as she stood up. "Simon, give us a moment." I sighed in annoyance and walked out. From the start I kne Penny had a crush on Angel. So this better be quick.

Penny's POV

"Angel there's one last thing I wanted to show you." Once I got dressed, Angel and I rode out horses to my inventing chambor. Once inside, I opened a hidden pinpad. I keyed in the password and the wall of my inventing chambor opened reveling a stone downward staircase. We walked to the bottom. There was only one thing in front of us,

A faceless AI painted black and gold. Wires were connected all over her. She stood six feet. And even though she had no eyes, she could see everything. "This is MIA. I made her last year." I turned to my AI. Introduction had to be made. "M.I.A. this is Angel."

"Hello Angel." Her voice said. I designed her voice to sound like a mix of mother and Aunt Lynn. Angel was handling it well. And when I said well, his mind was exploding. "I don't know if I should be freaked out or amazed." he said in wonder. I chuckled at him then looked back at my AI. "M.I.A., could you tell Angel what you do?"

"My purpose is to serve the Princess Penolope. As she is my creator, I am only loyal to her. When she is too busy with a new invention to attend royal gatherings, I go in her place, and I will relay the details of that event back to her."

"M.I.A, we are giving you a major update right now."

"Yes Penny" Her robotic voice said. I opened her chest and rewired her harddrive. Adding the new update. I then closed it and went to the flat screen next to her. Making a new code in her system. A fatal code. "Connecting to the castle air vents." I then walked over and grabbed a large vile. Then injected it into her neck. Once I was done, M.I.A. asked. "Would you like to make a password Penny?"

I nodded. "Activate likl." The password was saved. It was final. I then turned to my bodyguard. "Angel, if our army falls, you will tell M.I.A. to lock the castle, then you will say, activate likl and she will do the rest."

"Why are you telling me this?" He asked. I sighed before I spoke up. Simon said, "You'll be the only one to do it Angel." I glared at my brother as Angel looked at me with confusion.

"We're going to Mercury Angel. And I order you not to follow me." I told him. Angel shook his head. I already knew he would disapprove. "Don't do this Penelope." He said softly. As much as I wanted to do as he said, I couldn't. The stakes were too high. And we were running out of time. This had to be done. I had to leave.

"I'm sorry Angel. But I have to save my family. You have to protect Zodious." I stepped closer to him. Breathing him his flowery scent. "Your destiny is to become the greatest warrior. So I order you to live your destiny."

"I can't. I won't." he grabbed my wrists but I manovered my way out of his grasp and pinned his wrists behind his back. That's when I went forward and placed my lips upon his. Agnel didn't move. He was in too much shock. But soon enough, I let his wrists go and he placed his arms around my waist and my hands caressed his beautiful face.

A tear fell from my eye and Angel wiped it away. I couldn't stop staring into those chocolate eyes. But I knew I had to pull away. I just had to, even though it brought me pain. I kissed his forehead softly. "May the Sun Goddess be with us both." I whispered to him. Slowly. I stepped away from him and walked out with Simon.

Angel stood there. Saying nothing. Not moving at all. As much as he wanted to follow me, he couldn't. He couldn't disobey my order. After a few minutes, He got onto his knees. And said a silent prayer. A prayer to the Sun Goddess. That I may be safe and live through this war. And that I will come home so he could confess his love for me. The love he's always had from the beginning. From the first time he saw me all those years ago. And even though he felt unworthy of my love, and if the worst was to come, he will always remember and cherish the first kiss we had. And quite possibly the last