Fight Back

Penny's POV

I was up all night in my inventing room. Keeping myself awake with mere determination and a bit of gin I stole from my father's stash. This invention had to be done as soon as possible. It would be the one thing that would aid us in this battle with Victoria's sister who we now learned from uncle that her name was Amelia. But the only thing I'm calling her is a murderous, vindictive bitch and an enemy of the galaxy. And mother promised me I would be the first one to torture her once she is captured. My only worry then will be if I wanted to scalp her or rip her nails off first.

I heard someone coming down the hidden stairwell. I thought it was Peter until the door was opened. Turns out, it was Angel. "Penny!" he yelled as he ran to me and hugged me tightly.

I sighed and rolled my eyes. Not that I didn't enjoy his embrace, but it just wasn't the right time. "Angel, let go of me. I need to finish this. You can keep talking though, I'll be listening." He let go and I continued my work as Angel started venting. "Penny, when I heard of the attack and your granddad getting killed, I wanted to be with you at his funeral, I swear I did but mother said no. The whole galaxy has changed. Every planet is on lockdown. Even the Sun."

"How did you manage to escape?" I asked. "The Sun goddess let me out.' He answered. "She saved my life so I could be the greatest warrior. I believe that destiny starts now." He then bowed deeply before me. "I, Angel White, will stand by you and-"

"I don't need a bodyguard. What I need is that wrench. Give it to me." Angel hesitated before handing it over. While screwing the last few bolts, I continued. "If you want to help us, ask my father to join the guard. He almost always says yes to new recruits."

"Really? That's awesome, I'll ask him right now!" He exclaimed with excitement and started to walk out. I had to be truthful with him though. "But there's a catch." I said as Angel stopped in his tracks. I turned to him with a serious expression. "Father may accept you only if you can spar with my brother and win."

I saw him tense up a bit. But his face showed no fear. "Thanks for telling me Penny. Wish me luck." He smiled as he closed the door. I smirked while getting back to work, he'll need more than luck. I knew he was in for a rude awakening. Especially if he didn't know how to fight. I remember there were fifty recruits and only four were accepted after they barely won against Peter. But I could see Angel had something to prove. Maybe his determination and power of will could aid him in impressing my father.

Third person POV

Back in the castle, Peter, Simon Reilly, Lynn and Nathaniel were sitting together in the war room. Reilly needed advice on winning this battle and executing a flawless attack. And that help would come from the grave. From her grandmother, the first Leo on the throne that made peace with the galaxy.

After a few moments in the silent candle lit room, Simon's eyes glossed over. What he saw when he opened his eyes again was his great grandmother, standing right in front of him. It was just them in the room. Even though they had a rocky start, she smiled at him lovingly. "Hello darling."

"Great Grandmother. I've been reading about you. How you were the greatest warrior. Your ancestors established Zodious in the year 2100. And because of you, no one in the galaxy wanted to threaten our kingdom."

She nodded with a hint of pride in her eyes. "You've done your research Simon. No one even had a thought of malice toward us, Until Amelia. But it was Victoria who planted that seed of hatred in her mind."

Jenifer sat down next to Simon and continued. "You know, her mother Anna was married to the first Lord Mayor. He and I never got along. I always saw him as a power hungry prick from the start when I was Queen. Even with Anna, the way she would be so quiet and try to make herself as small as possible during meetings, alerted me that she was being treated horribly. That night, I wanted to cut ties with Harvey and expose him as a tyrant, but Ann did the job for me."