Sleeping in a coffin Jason Todd

Jason was planning on doing a prank on his family!

So the idea was that he would be sleeping in an actual coffin on the day of his death. He knew it would freak some people out, and Bruce was surely going to be two things pissed off or having a breakdown. Jason did tell Alfred as he didn't want to kill the old butler by giving him a heart attack on the same day he had died. Though the sisd man scolded Jason, but let's the teenager do it anyway. So right now, Jason had the whole thing set up and decided to wear something comfortable before he hopped in and lays down.

In that instant, he had fallen asleep.

At first, it was quiet, and no one had seemed to notice as Jason closed his door, but it wasn't locked, so his family could head on inside if they so wanted to. Everyone was too busy heading to bed after a very long night of patrol that lasted until 4 in the morning already. All of them felt lucky as they had the next day off so they could sleep in in the morning.

The coffin itself was surprisingly soft and snug, making Jason nuzzle in place and sigh. He had closed the coffin door, which he had made air holes in so that he was able to breathe. Now, he didn't want to die again by being deprived of oxygen, or the whole family would really have a panic attack. Arms are crossed over his chest as he lays down like a corpse, wanting to look the part. Surely, someone would freak out by the sight of Jason.

So, in the morning, it was silent.

No sound came from anyone's room, and Jason was peacefully sleeping, not having a nightmare for once. The first one to wake up was obviously Alfred as he had to do most of the housework and make the whole family breakfast. Then Bruce woke up as he went to shower and got changed before heading downstairs for breakfast. Cassandra soon followed after as she was having a sleepover with Stephenie, who was clinging onto her. Damian was following Bruce's example once he had woken up. Dick and Tim were still sleeping as they were overly exhausted, especially Tim, who hadn't slept for a week.

But they were soon forced awake by a dazed Duke who had pulled their covers off of them, "Get up Alfred made breakfast and after that get washed then you can get back to sleep." He grumbles out as he is taking his day patrol shift after that. All of them forgot about Jason at that moment until after they had finished breakfast. "It seems that Master Jason is having a sleep in again today." Alfred had reminded them of the second oldest son by speaking up like that.

Soon, everyone blinked and rushed up to wake Jason up.

Only to be horrified by the sight of a coffin that had taken over Jason's whole bed. Dick had letted out a huge shriek, almost bursting everyone's eardrums along with Stephenie, who was now clinging to Dick who was clinging back. Tim and Duke stared at it was gapping mouths and widening eyes. Cassandra had just stared at it with Damian, who was looking at with a huge amount of disgust, and looked a little disturbed as well. Alfred looks disappointed as he shakes his head and turns away to look at Bruce.

Jason opened the coffin, freeing himself as he was dazed with sleep as he looked toward his family, which seemed horrified. He looked at Bruce, who had merely stood where he was with soulless eyes before falling backwards with a loud thud. "That's not the reaction I was expecting." Jason suddenly says as they see Bruce fainting on the spot. "So, are you all mad at me for this?" He asked as they all glared at him as Alfred went to drag Bruce to his bedroom. "Yes!" Everyone else yelled and stormed off, leaving a grinning Jason in his coffin.