The Sun Also Rises

The Sun Also Rises

Caroline tries to hold the old iron gate as Matt points the rifle at the wolf as it tries to break through the gate

Caroline tries to hold the old iron gate as Matt points the rifle at the wolf as it tries to break through the gate. "Caroline, let me help!" Matt snaps at his girlfriend.

"Get back, I got it!" Caroline yells back, trying to secure the gate with the rusted chain.

"Caroline, the door's not going to hold," He warns her.

"Come on! Tyler, please!" She begs with the wolf, but the blond quarterback has enough and shoots Tyler several times. "Matt! No, hey, no! It's Tyler!"

"He's trying to kill us!" Matt yells at her.

"Wait!" Caroline shouts, seeing the wolf lying on the ground. "He's wounded."

"Caroline, stay back," He warns her.

"We can go around him," She suggests, moving the chain from the gate.

"Are you nuts?" The blond quarterback questions, looking at her offered hand.

"You're not going to shoot him again, okay? Matt, take my hand," The blond Vampire tells him, and he holds the gun toward Tyler.

"I got it," Matt tells her.

"Matt, take my hand," Caroline tells him again, and he takes her hand as she rushes outside the cellar using her Vampire speed.

↶↶↶↶↶↶↶↶↶↶↷↷↷↷↷↷↷↷↷↷

Meanwhile, at Alaric's apartment, Katherine and Damon look at his Werewolf bite, seeing the grey skin around the wound. "So that's what a Werewolf bite looks like," Katherine muses.

"Yep," Damon answers, seeing it with his ex-lover Rose.

"It's not that bad," She remarks.

"Will be," He mutters and gets to his feet, needing to find another way to stop the ritual.

"So that's it? You're just... Going to die?" The Vampire doppelganger questions.

"Well, that depends. You know anything about a cure?" The older Salvatore asks her, but she doesn't have an answer. "Me, either." He takes his leather jacket and puts it on to hide the bite mark.

"145 years and no last goodbye?" Katherine asks him as he walks to the door.

"You don't get a goodbye," Damon replies, and she looks at him, stepping in front of him.

"No. Don't leave mad," The Vampire doppelganger tells him.

"Us ending up on good terms isn't exactly on my bucket list, Katherine," He replies.

"Klaus made me call Jenna to lure her out. There was nothing that I could do. I didn't have a choice," Katerina reasons, trying to explain herself.

"That's why I gave you the vervain. So you had a choice," The older Salvatore spits at her.