The Dinner Party

The Dinner Party

Elena sits in the living room of the Gilbert lake house as she reads her ancestors Jonathan Gilbert's journal, engrossed, flipping through the pages

Elena sits in the living room of the Gilbert lake house as she reads her ancestors Jonathan Gilbert's journal, engrossed, flipping through the pages. "With the dying embers of the fire at Fell's church, the scourge of the Vampires had passed. And though war raged all around us, our town was safe from the demons of the night... Or so we thought. For the monsters we drove to their fiery deaths had begat new monsters."

⌃⌃⌃⌃⌃⌄⌄⌄⌄⌄⌃⌃⌃⌃⌃

In 1864, Jonathan Gilbert sat in the dining room of the Gilbert mansion with Honoria and Thomas Fell, enjoying their dinner, when they heard a noise from outside. "Did you hear that?" Honoria questioned, and Thomas walked to the window, not seeing anything but walked back to the table, taking a knife for protection.
"Stay here," Thomas told the others.
"No, Thomas," His wife called after him.
"It's all right, dear, the Vampires are all dead," He assured her.
"Yes, Honoria... they burned in the church. We're safe now," Jonathan assured the woman, and Thomas left the room to search outside for the noise source.
"Please, Jonathan. I'm worried," Honoria begged him.
"Very well. I shall go too," Gilbert told her and got up from his chair, walking outside to join Thomas. "I can prove there are no Vampires," He took out his magical compass, not getting a reaction. "See?" Suddenly the compass spun around erratically, showing the presence of a Vampire; he looked around in fear, turning around to find Thomas had disappeared. "Thomas? Thomas?!" A body fell onto the ground with a thud, startling the man; Honoria walked out of the house, having seen the dead body of her husband.
"Thomas!" Honoria screamed.
"No, stay inside! Get back in the house!" Jonathan shouted at her in warning, but the Vampire got to her before she could escape, drinking from her, dropping another dead body and turning toward the remaining survivor.

⌃⌃⌃⌃⌃⌄⌄⌄⌄⌄⌃⌃⌃⌃⌃

"I knew I was about to die. You can not run from a Vampire. I saw the Vampire who killed me. I recognised him. Stefan Salvatore." Elena finishes reading, looks surprised, and then turns to the widow to see Stefan outside by the lake, skipping rocks. His phone rings, and he stops with his little game, answering it, knowing who it is.
"What's going on?" Stefan asks his brother.
"Well, I showered. I shaved. Had breakfast. Very relaxed," Damon replies sarcastically.
"That makes one of us," He replies.
"I did hear one piece of good news though. Tyler Lockwood ran away from home last night," The older brother informs him as he steers Andie away from the mirror, needing her to leave.
"How do you know?" The younger brother asks.
"Well, I heard it from Sheriff Forbes, who heard it from a very distraught Carol Lockwood, thus, ending our Werewolf chapter, bringing us to...." Damon trails off for dramatic effect.
"...killing Elijah," Stefan finishes.
"Exactly," He smirks, looking at the dagger he picks up.
"Well, it's not going to be easy. He's crafty," The younger Salvatore warns him.
"Well, I've got a crafty little dagger," Damon reminds him.
"He's an Original. We don't know what all that encompasses," He warns his brother.
"Oh, trust me, Stefan. I'm gonna dot all my t's. I don't want any surprises," Damon assures him.
"Wow, Damon, tell me you're actually gonna be careful for once," Stefan tells him.
"Yes, Stefan, I've become you. How tragic for both of; I'veot to run, I've a murder to plan. Busy day," He hangs up, and Stefan turns to the lake house from the edge of the dock, looking at Elena as she sits by the window reading the Gilbert journals.