Chapter Five

I look over at Emi who's just bopping her head to the beat of the song and messing up with her t-shirts. I have her seated on the passenger seat instead of the backseat, since she insisted so much. She never makes a fuss out of it, but i don't know what got into her tonight.

At least she's happy and thriving. She looks over to me and i look back to give her a smile, which does not last long the second i realised i've hit something. Or someone.

The car immediately shuts down and signals start blaring. I can't seem to move until i hear Emi crying next to me. "Peach are you alright?" i reach out for her, both of us stepping out of the vehicle.

Well the good news is i didn't hit a someone,i hit a car. The bad news is that the bumper of my car is totally crashed on the right side, where Emi was sitting . I turn my attention to her, she stopped crying but her eyes are still red. And i notice a patch of blood gushing down the side of her face from her eyebrow.

I don't act dramatic so she won't get scared. I kiss her temple, and i move around the other car to see if anyone's here to talk to about the damage. The car is shut. No one here.

I move to the other side and i do see someone sitting on the sidewalk right next to the car, but he's facing the other way. I can't really tell from here but he does not seem good, considering he has his head between his bended knees, covered with his arms, and a lit cigarette on his hand.

I don't know if i should talk or not. What if he's a creep? I can't even see his face

"Did a whole lot of damage there, huh?" He finally spoke raising his head up but not turning around to face me. Now, i might not see his face but i could recognise that voice from the depths of hell.

He slowly gets up and turns around, but he's not surprised.How could he know? Im frozen in place, i can't move a limb. We just stand there for a few seconds that feel like eternity, until i her a weird sound coming from my car where Emi was. Without saying another word i turn around to walk to my daughter.

"You gonna run again, Izabel?" he says so calmly. Im stopped middle step. I turn around.

"I'll pay the damage. I'll contact your manager " i say firmly trying to not give in. He looks devastated, like never before. Is it because of me showing up? Did i do this?

He gives a small laugh that is barely hearable.
"And the damage here?" he says pointing at his heart. He takes a few steps closer  while taking a last drag of the cigarette and throwing it away when he's close enough to me "Are you gonna pay the damage you did here, too?"

"Charles, it's really not the time.I have-" im caught up mid sentence when i hear Emi calling me from behind. "Mommy there's red blood covering my eye"

I pick her up and turn around to face Charles who looks so stoic like emotions are something he's never heard of before. "I have to take her to the hospital. Have a good rest of your night Charles" and with that i turn around and get in my car while he remains in his position.

As if God's cursing me, the car does not turn on. Great, fucking great. I grab Emi, we exit and i lock the car. We'll just walk there it's not a long distance. As soon as the car is locked i see him in front of me. "Get in the car Izabel" he motions to the passenger seat of his car as he's opening the door to the drivers side and steps in.

God.

He puts the car in reverse and drives until he's right next to us. He just looks at me firmly not saying another word. I look down at Emi and then back at him again. Silent as the dead, I get in the passenger seat, with my daughter on my chest.