A car pulls into the driveway at ten twenty, a little late, Ricky runs down, leaving Winnie in his room

A car pulls into the driveway at ten twenty, a little late, Ricky runs down, leaving Winnie in his room. Mike stands against the banister, letting Ricky open the door. "Mom!"
"Richard, c'mere sweetheart" she hugs him briefly. The driver drops her luggage to the porch. She asks Ricky about school and football.

Mike looks at her in silence, still leaning against the banister. Ricky goes to the kitchen to get water. Mike walks to Lynne, about to hug her but she swerves, going to couch. "How was Chicago?" He asks quietly, looking down at his shoes. "Fine"

He sighs.

Ricky comes back with the water, Lynne drinks quickly standing up. "When is everyone gonna be over?"

"Eleven thirty" Mike tells her, she nods. She yells out to Bertha, telling her to get the table ready by eleven. They all stand up, she looks Ricky up and down, tightening his tie slightly. "You're looking chubbier, remember what we talked about, you really need to cut down on your meals." She taps his stomach, he shifts uncomfortably, nodding.

"Leave him alone"

"Stay out of it" she raises her voice a little, bitterly at Mike. Ricky moves a few feet away.

"He's my kid too"

"Unfortunately" she mumbles, walking away from him, bumping into his shoulder, making him stumble backwards. They return to awkwardly getting everything ready, Evelynne goes upstairs to shower quickly.

"AHHHHH" she screeches loudly, Ricky and Mike immediately rush up the stairs. Lynne is standing in a corner, Winter wobbling around wagging her tail now that she sees Ricky. "What on earth is that.. thing doing in our house?"

"She's the neighbor's dog" Ricky tries to explain "I just walk her sometimes, for Mrs. Salazar"

"Get it out of here right now"

"I'll go drop her back" he says about to lean down. "No. No don't dirty yourself, let Bertha do it."

"I've got her" Mike interrupts, lifting Winnie up, she licks his face, making him smile. He walks across the road, it's about eleven now. He knocks on the door, Nini opens it a minute later.
"Oh, good morning" she says, not expecting it to be Mike. "Good morning, just dropping her off" he puts Winter down, immediately she runs into the house, going into Malou's room. Mike says a quick goodbye.

———————————————