[Chapter 15] - Renascence

(POV - 3RD)

(Y/N) slammed his opponent violently into the wall of a ruin before he leant to the side, avoiding a rapier thrusting at him which he retaliated by grabbing the familiar four-armed abyssal being by the head and throwing it right at another wall with ease.

With how one-sided the fight is turning out thanks to the Einherjar's newly awakened powers, it's obvious to say that (Y/N) is already winning this fight with both Empyrean Legacy and his Stigmata giving him a great advantage against his opponent.

And this time, he's the one stopping his opponent from catching any breath.

(Y/N) swept the Summit Shaper across towards the abyssal sage- which he decided to officially call it that, his opponent narrowly leapt into the air and avoiding his attack immediately before swinging its axe and scythe down at the Archon.

The Einherjar noted at a single slash from the Summit Shaper easily sliced into the ruins with little to no efforts, even cleaving deeply into the walls behind.

(Y/N) instantly dismissed the golden sword before bringing out The Unforged, holding it up as the pair of scythe and axe clashed onto the earthen blade, drawing sparks out but not pushing the time traveller down as he then forced his opponent off.

Like before, as the two clashed again and again, the area around them progressively became even more ruined than before, dust and debris and smoke littered the place which gave (Y/N) the opportunities to ambush his target.

Irritatingly enough, his enemy was just as good as dodging his fatal blows as it is attacking, but there were occasionally times where (Y/N) managed to get a good strike or two onto his target.

Thanks to his Stigmata and perhaps his current form boosting his strength, (Y/N) slowly got more and more hits onto his opponent, his arms blitzing into a blur as the Archon relentlessly tore into his enemy like lightning in a thunderstorm.

As the four-armed creature raised its arms to block The Unforged, (Y/N)'s strength and the weapon's mass managed to cause his enemy to almost collapse onto its knees, a revelation that the Einherjar found quite satisfying, especially when it sliced off his arm.

(Y/N) quickly raised the greatsword and then slamming it back onto the four arms straining to block it but to no avail, the time traveller was already progressively overpowering his target.

The abyssal sage tried to push itself up but (Y/N) pushed it back down and without giving it a chance to retaliate, the Archon kicked the being back several feet and then charged forward, summoning Vortex Vanquisher as he aimed it right at his opponent.

A single step and push in his Empyrean Legacy dug into ground, expelling dust and dirt as the Archon shot forward at the sage, his spear turning into a flash as (Y/N) thrusted it right at his opponent's neck, the latter raising all its arms to block the attack.

However, whatever Vortex Vanquisher is created out of, it was more than strong enough to break through the sage's weapons, shattering them into pieces before the golden spear pierced into the abyssal being's chest and straight through.

(Y/N) stabbed the sage right into a wall, piercing a hole cleanly through its body as its four arms attempted to pull the spear out but only to fail as its strength slowly faded away.

Finally, after a minute, the sage moved no more.

The Geo Archon pulled the Vortex Vanquisher, allowing the limp corpse to fall to the ground as it started to disintegrate into dust, and despite his quick-earned victory, (Y/N) could only say...

"This is anticlimactic"

He had honestly expected a longer and more tedious fight but... this is just too quick, too absurd to think that his strength has increased thus much because of a glowing tattoo around his body.