[Chapter 6] - A Hectic Day

(POV - 3RD)

Today was the start of another weekend, lessons proceeded as usual except girls who used to openly scrutinize Y/N are now reduced to whispering bystanders, his treatment of Williams back in the arena were still fresh in the mind of the students who saw it.

Rumours and gossips spread around the academy while some were interested, some were indifferent or apathetic, but everyone can agree that Y/N had changed. 

It was currently morning in Soukai City and Y/N was in the Blue Butterfly as a patron and proclaimed partner to the bartender who also contacted him to meet up with him. Though the former was slightly annoyed that he was phoned at the break of dawn.

"Here you go."

The bartender of Blue Butterfly said as he placed a small briefcase onto the counter in front of Y/N who was sipping quietly on a cup of milk tea concocted by the former. The latter then eyed the case before looking at Alexander who went back to wiping the glasses.

"What's this?" Y/N asked.

"It's the payment for the one coin you've handed to me. And as the contract said, I have given you the compensation for it." Replied Alexander.

"Oh? How much?"

"Approximately $5,000." Stated the bartender, causing Y/N to almost choke on his drink.

"F-five thousand..?!" He exclaimed while Alexander glanced at him.

"What did you expect? Gold these days are quite valued since they can be used as durable conduits inside advancing technologies against the Honkai."

"And with the continuous needs for new weapons and tech, gold is also required."

"...How did one tiny gold coin managed to get that much value?' Y/N inquired as the bartender smiled at him.

"The Underworld has quite a few unique individuals willing to gain a step above others including obtaining any pieces of gold for their projects."

"Against the Honkai or something else?" Y/N asked.

"Both." Stated Alexander.

"Well, that does not sound very promising." The time traveller remarked dully.

"Incorrect nor correct, I am just a lowly bartender in the Underworld so I don't know much details." Alexander restated again.

"Lowly bartender? Like hell you are..." Y/N thought to himself as he sipped his drink.

"Also, I heard that you've broke your weapon." Said Alexander.

"...How the hell do you know that?" The time traveller demanded.

"I didn't, but thank you for the confirmation." Retorted the bartender with a smile whereas Y/N just realized the trick question.

"...If it weren't for your drinks, I'd say you're insufferable." He remarked while taking another sip which he grudgingly admit, was quite delectable. 

"What can I say? I'm a prodigy compared to other bartenders." Alexander proclaimed proudly.

"Well, you certainly didn't intend to just make an idle conversation regarding my weapon, which I like to point out, I am working on it." Y/N replied.

"If that's the case then it would be beneficial for a back-up weapon, no?" Said Alexander as Y/N raised a brow.

"WHY... are you helping me now? This is the second time we've meet up face-to-face." He asked, slightly frowning at the bartender.

"Oh, if you want to know me, I also happened to be bored! Peace and quiet is nice but even that would get boring sometimes!" He answered back with a smirk.