[Chapter 2] - Restart

(POV - Y/N L/N)

"I'm... back in St. Freya?!" I muttered, dumbstruck as I looked around my dorm room.

How? That's the most important question of how exactly am I back to where I began

"Impossible... did I travel back in time?" I questioned, connecting the obvious dots.

This is where everything began for me, St. Freya Academy, the place where girls who have shown to have resistance against the Honkai infections were sent to be trained and become Valkyries. Warriors who safeguard humanity against the Honkai beasts and Herrschers alike.

My time here was... safe to say, quite lonely yet pleasant enough for me to graduate. Well, I had to be forcibly graduated after an outbreak around the world that sparked a massive war over every continents, manpower were low so every single girls counted to the wars.

While I never had the best experience here, it was far better than all those hell that was thrown at me in the future or should I say incoming future? So when I heard St. Freya Academy was suddenly destroyed in a battle in Soukai City, I was shocked to hear this place fall.

Ever since I was stationed away from the Far East Branch of Schicksal, I lost all sorts of contact or information regarding this academy, all I know is at some point in the future, it fell to an outbreak. Valkyries rookies and veterans alike fell trying to defend this place but it was in vain.

Thus this place became one of the many places that was an example of what will come.

Total and utter destruction.

When reinforcements along with me arrived, Valkyries and Honkai beasts alike were dead on the ground, the academy was torn apart as if bombs were dropped everywhere... even one of the rookies who I came to befriend before leaving this place was killed.

We got here, just too late.

However, the only issue is right now that I clearly remember all of this happening, it was clear as day and osmanthus tea but it doesn't explain everything for me.

"This place is fine... I'm looking younger than before... no one's dead..." I murmured before holding up my other hand.

There in my palm rested the glowing golden chess piece, the only piece of evidence and explanation for my sudden rewind in time.

"But it still doesn't explain itself..." I added before dropping it as it suddenly shone brighter.

As it landed on the floor, it began to fade away into golden dust before flowing straight into my body while I felt myself warm up and glow as well. 

However, that warmth faded away instantly as I collapsed onto the floor before I felt my head being assaulted once again with an intense pain.

I wanted to scream but that would mean attracting unwanted attentions from outside.