Apologies

Wednesday sat at her desk typing away on her
typewriter with furrowed brows.

"My novel started out as a twisted fiction, but somehow reality has turned it into my own personal looking glass."

Wednesday lifted the paper she had finished
typing out of the typewriter and put it with the
others, in a briefcase.

"My visit to the Gates mansion has left
me with so many questions."

Wednesday opened a drawer and pulled out
Laurel's music box.

"If Laurel Gates died 20 years ago, then
who's sleeping in her bedroom? Why do
they have photos of me? And what is
their connection with this Hyde?"

Wednesday looked down at the red crescent moon necklace she had around her neck. She rubbed her thumb over it.

"And how can I make Y/n forgive
me?"

Wednesday turned in her seat and looked at
Y/n's side of the room. She wondered if she was somewhere else now, missing her as much as she missed her.

"Goody predicted this quest for
answers would become a lonely pursuit.
Of course, Goody is no where to be
found when I need her the most."

Wednesday shoved the box back into her drawer
in frustration.

The door to the dorm slowly and quietly creaked open.

"The dead can be just as annoying and
unreliable as the living."

Wednesday stood up and walked over.

"Hi. Sorry, I figured you were still at Mayor Walkers wake." Enid apologized.

"As soon as the dirt hits the coffin, I'm out." Wednesday told her, walking over to her gramophone and turning off the music.

"I can't seem to find my bottle of silver moon nail polish. Do you mind if I look around?"

Wednesday didn't respond.

"Yoko's hosting a mani-pedi party for her crew."

"This is the third time in 24 hours you've forgotten something." Wednesday scowled as she crossed her arms over her chest.

Enid breathed in deeply. "So, how's everything going?"

"Solitude suits me. With no annoying
distractions, I'm almost finished with my novel."

"Were me and Y/n an annoying distraction?"

"You guys definitely had some annoying habits." Wednesday told her.

"Such as?" Enid asked angrily.

"You giggle when you text. Which is a 24/7 addiction. And Y/n on the other hand is annoying some nights and peaceful on others. She'll be entirely silent or she'll be up and down my neck, asking me questions."

"At least it's not migraine-inducting typewriter hammering into my head. Y/n's just curious. She can be the sweetest thing every until you get on her bad side or on her nerves."

"When your not grinding your canines, you growl in your sleep. Y/n will just curl up into a ball. The part that annoys me the most is that Thing will snuggle with her."