The way things were

Cut to the evil lair with Minion, who is holding coffee and donuts and the bad guys were there.

"You want to do what?" Wolf howled.

" Create a hero? Wait, wait...what? Why would you do that?"

"That's a good question" shark says, "why?"

"So I have someone to fight! Minion, I'm a villain without a hero. A yin with no yang. A bullfighter with no bull to fight. In other words, I have no purpose! Now, ask me how I'm going to do it. Go on! Ask!"

" How are you gonna do it?"

Wolf shook his head, crossed his arms and smiled as megamind throws the donuts in the air.

"I knew you would listen to me"

And when donuts fell, piranha looks up at them and they scattered around him.

"Hahaha! I'm going to give someone, I don't know who yet, Metro Man's powers. I'm going to train that someone to become Metrocity's new hero"

Piranha starts picking up the donuts, "Over here, follow!"

"Well it's official, he's lost it" snake says.

revealing the last poster board

"And then finally, I'm going to fight that hero in an epic battle of good and evil, which will put everything back the way it was, when the world was perfect and rosy!"

"Megamind, I know things been slow, but how are you going to do that, it's not like you can raise Metro man from the dead" wolf says.

"Well, Behold, your guys, Metro Man's cape! Look closely"

"All I see white stuff" webs says

"Minion, look closer, Tell me what do you see"

"Uh...Dandruff?"

"Ha...ha...yes! It's his DNA!"

"Oh" the bad guys says and when piranha joins them, he eats the donuts.

"From this, we'll extract the source of Metro Man's awesome power" the bad guys stand back as megamind starts extracting Metro Man's essence.

"Sir, I think this is a bad idea"

"I agree with minion" piranha says.

"Yes, this is a very wickedly bad idea for the greater good of bad!"

"No you don't get it" wolf says.

"Yeah" webs says.

"But I'm saying this is a kind of bad that, okay, you might think it's good in your "bad" perception, but from a "good" perception, it...it...it's just plain bad!"

"Minion has a point" wolf says, "every time you try a plan, they always end up in a catastrophe and backfires"

"Oh, you don't know what's good for bad! And wolf, those were just minor set backs"

"Minor setbacks have consequences" wolf says.

Megamind loads the essence bullet into an infuser gun.

"Now, we have just one shot at this. We must find a suitable subject. Someone of noble heart and mind, who puts the welfare of others above their own"

then suddenly a tune from a cell phone goes off.

"What on earth is that?"

Piranha Looks down at his pants, "it's coming from down there"

"It seems to be emanating from there, sir"

Piranha pulls out the cell phone from his back pocket and hands it to him, he answers it.