~Chapter four~

- "Another one..?!" -

Akaza's POV

I have been in this room for the remainder of the time before the sun descended. The door slid open, Douma standing there once fully open. "It's nighttime, we should finish our mission!" He tells me with a cheerful yet sorrowful smile. I stand up, abandoning the home without saying a word to him. He walks out as well, calling out my name a little loudly. "Shut up, let's hurry." I turn aggressive to him like always. Something felt off about him however, like he was melancholic. That couldn't be though, that asshole never expressed or felt anything at all.

Douma's POV

He always gets mad at me for the littlest of things.. For whatever reason, I feel awfully weird now. I take his hand and we head over to the same village, many people who were severely injured by us were getting treated by the Kakushi. Akaza ran off to one of the buildings, keeping an eye out for a Hashira. I follow him, wrapping my arms around him. "What the hell are you doing?!" He turns his head to me, he blushes a little when he looks at me. "Nothing~ Just ignore me, you'll be fine." I exclaim, keeping an eye out for a Hashira as well.

Akaza's POV

Sensing a powerful human aura, I push Douma away and I chase that aura. Finally finding where this person was, she looks over to me. Realizing she's a woman, I retract nyself. Before I can get out of there and tell Douma it was nothing, he was there. "Let me handle this, Akaza-dono~! Hello darling, we want to just ask a few questions. If you answer, we— I won't harm you!" He tells her with a faked grin on his handsome— stupid face. What is going on with me and him today. Did something change between us? No, it's the same.. I hope. "..What are the questions." She notices that we both are Uppermoons, probably out of fear she asked what the questions were.

Douma's POV

She probably isn't the most fearless and brightest out of the Hashira's, probably was recently promoted to one. Akaza comes up to me, grabbing me roughly and bringing me somewhere. He whispers, "Let's just tell Lord-Muzan there wasn't any Hashira's.. I don't trust you with her and since I respect women, we should get out of here. I'm asking you this kindly." He looks at me with slight aggression but less than ever before. "Fine.. only because I am doing this for you~!" I answer him, booping his nose with my finger. "Hey Hashira girl, we don't need to ask you any questions. Out of the kindness of our hearts, we decided to leave you alone!" She glances at us before running off to help gather the dead and injured villagers. Me and Akaza ran out of the village, both going to Lord-Muzan's location to give our report on the mission.

Akaza's POV

When we were heading to our Master, we did have some small talk on the way. It was oddly nice, it felt like I was warming up to him a little. He wasn't as bad as I thought, yeah he is annoying but very kind despite lacking emotions. That was admiring, apathetic yet still tries his best to help people at this cult of his. He did get promoted higher than me even though he became a demon after me, but he's really not that bad. We finally reported on our mission. "No Hashira's..? How odd, normally with that number of deaths and injuries a high rank would have came to check out the place. Are you lying to me, Akaza and Douma?." Lord-Muzan replies to us with hostility. "We are being honest! Why would we ever lie to you~?" Douma tells him. I look over towards him with a disappointing look. "...Whatever, to earn up to this.. how about another mission with the both of you?" I stare at Lord-Muzan in disbelief, thinking only the worst with another mission with him. "Just search for the Blue Spider Lily! Report back to me if you find anything related to it. I don't care how long it takes, as long as I get it!" He hits us with a powerful blast, afterwards we both run off.

Douma's POV

How rude! He just attacked us for no reason.. oh well! "How about we hang out at my cult for the remainder of the night! I have a spare room in there for us to stay in!" I tell him with a smile on my face. He just ignores me but follows anyway. We went to my cult palace, I slid the doors open. I let Akaza go in first, leading him over to the spare room mentioned. It was cleaned out so it was nicely looking inside. He laid down on the tatami mats. "Do you want me to leave you alone for the rest of today?" I ask him, he nods so I left the room, sliding it closed behind me.

Akaza's POV

Laying here in silence, something I always wanted to do when the first mission was assigned by our Master. But something felt off without Douma. Weirdly enough, it felt empty without him. Something changed in me ever since, he has been less annoying to me. It's like he wants to befriend me now, he's trying his hardest and it is working. Maybe it wasn't going to be that bad then I originally thought. When he asked me if we should go to his cult, I was hesitant but I followed anyway. 'This was a huge step in our friendship'— he would think out loud if he were here. I start to blush a little bit while thinking about him, not thinking much of it at first.

^ Chapter 4 - END ^
{Words: 982}