~Chapter one~

-The Mission-

(50 years before the Uppermoon 6 die)

Nobody's POV

Douma and Akaza get assigned a mission by Lord-Muzan. The mission was simple at best, they both had to find a Hashira and ask them questions.. before brutally murdering them after. Akaza is obviously very pissed at Lord-Muzan picking Douma to go with him, but he obeys Lord-Muzan anyway.

Akaza's POV

I was basically fuming steam, why did he make me have a mission with him?! He doesn't even do anything at all. I glance over at Douma after that woman strums her biwa and sends us off in a forest. He stands up and looks around while fanning himself. "My my.. a mission with Akaza-dono~! How interesting.." He grins, of course it looks forced and faked. Douma turns to me, still smiling. I tilt my head, awaiting if he is going to say anything.

Douma's POV

I walk over to Akaza, putting my hand on his shoulder. "Look, I may be lazy and never do anything to help our Master.. but trust me! I will try to do this mission just for you~!" I tease him. Chuckling when I see his face turn red from embarrassment. He is clearly pissed. "Fuck off, get your hand off of me! Besides, I don't need any help. Go slack off at that cult or whatever.." He yells at me, turning away before running off. I chase after him, calling out his name. "Wait, Akaza-dono! I won't be in the way during the mission, I promise!" I beg and annoy him even more. He doesn't answer me back. If I had emotions I would've been really pissed that he is ignoring me!

Akaza's POV

"It won't be bad" "Ignore him, just do the mission yourself", these two phrases as been in my head for a while. He almost catches up to me but I somehow dodged his hand out to me, his long nails scratching my arm slightly, making it bleed. I heal myself in an instant. Maybe if I do this mission with Douma, maybe he will leave me alone after. Stopping in my tracks, I turn around to face him, he stopped to stare back down at me. "Fine! Just don't be annoying and a bitch. And leave me alone afterwards!" I tell him, gritting my teeth in anger I gave in. "Oh wonderful! Let's make a plan to trap a Hashira~! You can start with ideas." He sits on a nearby dead tree log, resting his head on his hand. "You can attack people in a town, make sure you kill a ton of people. That can alert the Demon Slayer Corps and get a Hashira to go to that town. Can that dead brain of yours understand that?" I chuckle after telling him my plan, still trying to see if he can snap.

Douma's POV

"It's not nice to say stuff like that to a superior you know~! But besides that.. that sounds like a great plan!" I keep smiling at him, taking a quick glance at him. He looks disappointed in a way. Wonder why? "Why do you care now? Oh well, just go do it. I will be watching, don't waste time. We have a few hours until daybreak." I watch him run off again, I follow him. We get to the nearest town, it is small but enough to start havoc. Akaza sits on top of a home, waiting for me to start. I go in a different home from where Akaza rested on, I begin to mercilessly kill the innocent people inside, making sure their screams can be heard by the others outside. I drag a body out of their home, their cold blood dripping from their neck. I take a quick look at Akaza, smiling at him and indicating he should help out. He sighs angrily but does it anyway. I notice he isn't hurting the women, I giggle to myself while watching him. Surely enough, it is almost daytime and the sun is about to shine. No sign of a single Demon Slayer. Many people evacuated successfully, others.. not so much.

Akaza's POV

I look east, seeing some light break. Douma takes my hand and he runs away from the town. I follow him but my gaze adverts to his hand holding mines. Blushing from embarrassment, I slice off his hand with my own so he can "let go". "What was that for? You could've just asked that you didn't want your hand to be held~!" He laughs to himself, I notice this was, in a way, genuine laughter but still forced. I roll my eyes. "Whatever. Just shut up, we didn't even get to see any Demon Slayers!" I say to him angrily that we didn't finish this mission in one night. I wanted to get this over with so I don't get stuck with him for more hours. "Oh well, we can just wait it out somewhere near the town!" He cheerfully exclaims, signaling we should stay at this abandoned home in the middle of nowhere. We stop outside, I slide the door open, taking a peek inside just incase someone was staying in here. Nobody, just flies and a foul smell. "Holy shit, there's a dead body here." I point at the arm poking out from a room. "I can handle that, just relax okay~? Make sure no sunlight comes in! And try to find a different light source, it will be pitch black here Akaza-dono~!" He goes inside and throws out the body before daylight hits. I closed any windows I could find that were open. Douma pisses me off, I can't stay in this small home with only us here!

^ Chapter 1 - END ^
{Words: 964}