"No."

    "A fourth of the way?"

    "Nope."

    "An eighth?"

    "Not going to happen, Stella."

    "The first two miles?"

    "Do you not realize the fact that carrying both of our weights will exhaust me faster than just my own?"

    "No, I had never considered it."

    "Just eat some breakfast, I'll carry you again when it gets dark if you insist."

    She hops off my back, walking over to her bag and pulling out a bottle of water and a Lunchable.

    "You're not going to eat that for lunch?" Anthony asks. "That's when it's supposed to be eaten."

    "Does it matter?" She asks. "It's not like I'll have lunch anyway. You guys eat all the food."

    "And how much food have you eaten during this trip?" He asks.

    "Nothing," she says. "Ask me again in five minutes and it'll be this Lunchable." She pauses. "And how much have you eaten already, Anthony?"

    "Well," he says. "I ate right before your boyfriend woke us up for nothing-"

    "Nothing?" I ask. "We were being tracked, Anthony."

    "So what?" He says. "Nothing happened except they died and we got Grace back. Nothing that concerns anyone of us. Not you, not her, not Alice, Grace, Faith, Adrian, and certainly not me."

    Stella stands up, her beautiful eyes cold. Like the icy color they are. "You're right, it doesn't concern you. Apparently, nothing concerns you, but you're always asking questions, always in other people's business. Your idiocy astounds me." She turns and walks away from the group, away from me.

    It has become an instinct to follow her. "Stella," I say. She looks at me.

    "Did anyone tell him what happened last night?" I shake my head. "Does he even know that I'm the reason Grace is back? He doesn't get it." She throws her hands up in irritation. "I just can't take it anymore. He treats me like I don't understand anything, like I haven't been hurt by anything."

    "I know, Stella. I know," I say, I start towards her, my hands close around her arms, holding her in place. "I see how he treats you, I will keep him away from you. He doesn't have to understand, he just needs to stop acting like he's in 8th grade."

    She nods. "Thank you," her voice so quiet, I almost don't hear her. "When are we leaving?" She asks.

    "As soon as you're ready," I say.

    "I'll eat later, everyone else is ready-"

    "You don't have to."

    "They've already waited for me to wake up, I'll eat later."

    "Stella, you need the energy to run."

    "Then I'll eat during one of our stops."

    I shake my head. "It's better for you to eat now, rather than later."

    "If I eat right now, and we start running as soon as I'm done, I'll end up vomiting. I will eat during one of our stops or at the end of the day."

    I sigh. "Fine, but if you need to stop, let me know, okay?"

    "Alright," she says.

    I nod. "Let's go then," I say. "And I guess I'll carry you after a little while."