PART 8 - ELLE

After Mia and I got out of Angel's car Manuel also arrived, parking his car. We're watching the movie after dinner so Mia and I decided to hang out in my room first. I changed into something more comfortable: a pair of grey sweatpants and a light blue, cropped tank top.
Just like Rose, Mia comes here so often she has her own pile of comfy clothes in my wardrobe which she can put on. She even has a pair of slippers.

We spend some time on our homework but we finish sooner than usual so we go and read our fanfiction together. Me and Mia have the tradition of reading fanfictions together, I read out the female characters and she the male. She would put on the most hilarious voices for each character so we always had the best time. Mia just "threw up" with the voice of an anime character when Manuel calls me downstairs.

We're still laughing when we arrive in the living room. Manuel, Angel, Zach and Damian are sitting on the couch playing video games.
Damian is the only one looking up when we enter the room.
Our eyes lock and after he lets his eyes roam over my body he quickly returns his gaze to the game.

Did he just do that?
Did he check me out?
That can't be the case, no, he was just looking. I'm literally wearing sweatpants, well, maybe the tank top is a little revealing... No, he's like almost two years older than me, his standards are probably super high, but I feel a blush covering my face anyway and Mia bumps her arm in my hip.

Several boxes of pizza are stalled out on the coffee table.
Our parents would scold us if they saw we ate in the living room but they wouldn't be home for another few days.
They went to California for some kind of convention. Our parents owned a big grocery store chain so they frequently had to go to meetings across the country.

I sat down next to Zach at the right side of the couch.
As usual Mia took her place at my feet on the soft carpet, resembling a cat.

The boys wrapped up their game and started the movie, "The Harvest".

After a while I stood up to go to the kitchen and get us some drinks. I opened the fridge and took out everyone's favourite drinks.

Because our parents are gone so much our house has become the hangout place for both mine and Manuel's friend groups so at some point we just had a shelf in the pantry filled with stuff for our friends.

For Mia and Zach I took iced tea, for Manuel I took some cola and for Angel I put a can of red bull on the tray. For myself I filled a big glass with orange juice because I'm childish and don't drink sodas.

Right when I realise I need to ask Damian what he wants, the familiar pine smell enters my system and I hear his voice right behind me.

"Who's drinking orange juice?" he asks. I can almost hear his smile in the amused tone of his voice.

"Me." I reply, preparing myself to turn around and face him.

"Why orange juice out of all the drinks you've got in there?"

" I don't like sparkling drinks." I just said, turning around and leaning against the counter. He was standing a little further away than his voice had sounded but the smell was still clear.

He chuckled and rubbed his sharp jaw. "That's actually really cute, I'm not even gonna lie."

I blushed but changed the subject. "And what do you want? Also orange juice, or are you too big for that?"

"Do you think I look like a big boy?" he said, leaning closer. Suddenly I was very aware he towered over me and was he always this muscular? My heart jumped and he looked at me expectantly. Oh, right, he asked me a question.

"I just, you're just too old." I said and broke eye contact. His eyes narrowed a little and he straightened again.

"What drink do you want then?" I asked.

"You got something alcoholic?" he said to my surprise.

"We probably have something, my parents really like rum..." my voice trailed off until Damian chuckled.

"I was just joking, I don't do alcohol."

"Oh, haha, you got me there. You do look like a health nut indeed."

"Says the one drinking freshly squeezed orange juice? And no, I don't do it for my health, it's just too... addictive..." he leaned a little closer at the last word, sending shivers down my spine. The way he said that, made it sound like it had some sort of double meaning.

"I'll just have some water."

"Oh, okay." I filled his glass and handed it to him.

"Thanks. I actually came to give you this." he pulled something out of his pocket and opened his hand to reveal a tiny hair clip I used for my ponytail this morning.

"I didn't even notice I lost that. Thank you."

He smiled sweetly. "It fell from your backpack earlier but you and Mia left so I didn't have the time to give it to you."

"I'm sorry."

"Yes, be sorry. You were supposed to stay with me the whole time." he said jokingly. Suddenly I felt like he was supposed to mean it, I felt like we were supposed to stick together.