PART 4 - ELLE

The explanation from our headmaster seemed to take hours, but we managed to get through it. We even applauded after her speech, even though she didn't really deserve it in my opinion, and got up. My butt hurt from sitting too long and I hoped the guy from earlier wasn't looking because my hair was messy, I was totally sweaty and just felt generally ugly.

The speech had taken up half of the day, so it was already lunchtime. I went to sit with my friends at our usual spot. While the others went to get their food I went to the bathroom to wash my face and comb my hair. Mia went with me and she lent me some of her stuff.

I don't wear a lot of make-up. I would love to and I have a pinterest board full of nice stuff I want to try but I just have two left hands and all I can do without messing up is lip gloss, mascara and if I'm lucky some highlighter. Sometimes I did more stuff but somehow waking up an hour early wasn't enough for that. I do have a great skin-care routine at night so I don't really need to do a lot to make it look flawless.

Besides, I always blush really easily. It's so bad it looks like someone applied thirty layers of the product on my whole face, including my ears and neck. So there's no need for that anyways.

I combed my hair while trying to keep it from looking puffy and put the claw clip back in place.

"Do you want some help with your make-up?"Mia asked.

"I do, thanks."

Unlike me Mia has the hands of a surgeon. Every once in a while she does my make-up and I always keep it on as long as possible. She took her bag and got closer to my face while she applied some highlighter and contour. I closed my eyes and let out a small breath. "I think I have a crush.", I told her, still with my eyes closed. "Wait, really? You do?", she said excitedly. Unlike the others I never told anyone about my crushes, I just never was really sure if I actually liked them or if I just found them nice or attractive, but this time I was sure. More sure than I'd ever been. "I'm so excited, you never have crushes. I was starting to think you just don't want to talk about it with me.", she said with a fake sad voice. "Ahw, I would never do that."

"But like, who? We haven't even seen our classmates of the year yet."

"I just saw him in the theatre this morning and he's so gorgeous."I said dreamily.

"Girl, you saw him once and he looks good so now you're madly in love?"

"I don't know either he just... Something pulled at me, it really felt like I met the love of my life just now."

"Like... Love at first sight?"

"Well, I don't really believe in that stuff, as dreamy as it sounds."

"I hate to break it to you but that's exactly what you just described."

"I guess so... I know it sounds really dumb but that's just what it felt like."

"I'm not judging. I'm just really curious what kind of boy could make Elle Oak swoon like this."Mia said, putting away her stuff and bumping my shoulder playfully.

We spent our way back to the others talking about the boy and she made me describe him in as much detail so she could figure out his identity as soon as possible. Apparently Mia made it her personal mission to stalk him until he would (forcefully) become my husband.