PART 5 - DAMIAN

I've been trying to get information about Elle through Manuel with every opportunity I get, and that's not too hard because he mentions her every time I use the word 'family' and rants about her with every opportunity he gets. For example, when I asked him what his family name is he responded: "It's Oak, Elle's name is also Oak. We changed it of course. It actually used to be Eleanor Silver before we adopted her, I think they're both really pretty names, it fits her so well."

I could totally agree. A pretty name for a pretty person. But, yeah, her name was Silver, can you believe it? When he told me that I thought maybe her ancestors were anti-werewolf or something but Blair shushed me and said it didn't matter if it was that pretty.

But yeah, that way it wasn't too hard to find information about her without him being suspicious of me, he told me about her himself, with a little help of course. I had also found out Elle was 16 years old and in her junior year She played the violin in an orchestra outside of school. Manuel said she was very talented because she was the underage participant there. She liked reading, hugs and cuddles. Manuel had blushed when he admitted he was a hug-person too.

Anyway, Benjamin wasn't here today, he was in the pack to update my dad about the first few days. We agreed to wait with telling him about Elle. Partly it was good he left because I could stalk Elle now without him nagging how creepy I was. Just to be clear, by stalking I meant following around. I don't even know where she lives yet but that won't take very long as her brother's friend. Benjamin not being here did make it dangerous for me, I got a cold feeling every time I remembered how I almost got killed yesterday because I was staring at her. If Benjamin hadn't pulled me away, I wouldn't be here anymore. I only realised how big of a deal it was when I got home.

I'm now in the last period before lunchtime and I watch the time pass minute by minute on my watch. It has Roman numbers and a black leather bracelet. I got it for Christmas last year and it's from some kind of luxury brand. Something like Quarter? Or Carter? It's way too long ago now, feels like ages ago since I've been in my pack where Benjamin is right now.

"And, monsieur Alarie. Is your watch more interesting than what I have to say?", my French teacher asked. "It actually is in my opinion sir, I'm not very interested in the subject we're handling right now.", I said, trying to sound polite. If this guy wasn't an unaware human I would've put him in his place.
"We'll see if this confidence is deserved."
A hint of annoyance sounded in his voice. "Sure mr. Plum, if you want to test me, I am open for something more challenging.", I responded. I held up my arms and slumped in my chair, sorry sir but if I don't sit in this position people will think I'm a sassy gay. "Please give me five good reasons why you're not interested in this, in French please. ", he added the last part as if it was something extremely challenging.

My grandfather on dad's side was actually French so in my pack students learned French from an early age because he used to be the Alpha. Certainly me and my brother were expected to speak flawless French and summing up three facts isn't the hardest thing I've ever done.

"You can start now or do it in detention."he said. Manuel who was sitting in front of me had turned around and was smirking at me.

"Donnez-moi une minute s'il vous plaît, je dois penser de quelque chose."I said with a perfect accent. Don't get me wrong, the teacher has a great accent too, but some of the students just add random throat sounds to their sentences to make it sound more 'French' but it just really hurts my ears.

"C'était parfait, mais ce n'est pas une raison."

"Oui, j'ai vous dites d'attendre."

He was really getting on my nerves and I opened my mouth to roast him with my beautifully wide vocabulary when the bell rang.

"Tu as de la chance, tu peux sortir sans un devoir.", he said, which made me happy I didn't roast him like I intended because it was actually pretty nice.

I left that class with Manuel, Zach and Greg. We walked to the cafeteria and I spotted Elle at her usual table. She was sitting on the bench, on her knees while leaning over the table to show her friends something on her phone. I smiled at the sight and turned my head to look at the lunch lady instead of her. I asked for an extra large portion and she gave it to me with a smile. "You should eat a lot and get big."

It's funny how she said that when she had to look up to make eye contact. So for the first time a human made me laugh, something Elle hadn't even done to me yet. Afterwards, I just went on to grab a drink. I looked back to Elle's table to find out she wasn't there anymore.

"Where did she go? She was there a few seconds ago? What if something happened?"Blair said worriedly.

"She's just using the bathroom."I thought.

I sat down between Elijah and Greg. While Manuel told the others about what happened between me and mr. Plum during French class. I tried to participate sometimes but most of my attention was directed to Elle's table. Four girls and one boy were seated on it. One of the girls looked southern asian, she was probably Nila, Manuel mentioned her once. Next to her was a guy who might've been a bit older or not. He was tall and slim. Next to Nila sat Rose she was Elle's best friend, Manuel had mentioned she visits way too much for his liking. Two other girls are seated with their backs to us. All of her friends were here so why wasn't she here? I thought girls always go to the bathroom together?

"I'm going to use the restroom," I said standing up. Most of them didn't hear me but Zach did respond: "Okay, I'll tell them when they're quieter." I returned his little smile, he was really nice actually, just quiet. I walked in the direction of the bathroom but I hadn't taken four steps when I saw Elle, she was talking to a guy, Angel Clark. Manuel had introduced me to him, he's in our year but we don't have any classes together. "Does OUR mate have a boyfriend?"Blair said angrily. "It does seem like it, and if it's the case I'll just steal her away from him.", I responded in my thoughts. I walk their way with confident steps. Elle has her back turned to me so I can't see her face, that's good because I don't know if I'd be able to think straight if I did. Angel did see me coming so he looked at me confused.

"Hey, Angel, I was looking for you."