Tris watched him angrily shove inside, before he looked at Noah.

"What are you-" Tris growled, his anger was rising.

"It's what you ordered. You didn't even bother to come back and check." Noah said flatly. Tris furiously studied his expression.

"You know I didn't mean that literally!" He snarled. He felt his wolf's anger rising dangerously.

"How am I to know that?" Noah added in that flat tone, but it was clear he was lecturing him. Tris grit his teeth as his anger continued to spike. He felt his eyes wolf glaze.

What the fuck was he playing at?

"You are a Gamma now. You need to be very careful and specific with your orders." Noah said. Tris glanced back to the cabin.

"So this is all to teach me some sick lesson at the expense of a defenseless juvenile female?" Tris snarled. His fur side was truly rising now, and he suddenly found himself struggling to keep from lunging at him.

But his skin mind couldn't wrap his head around it. Noah was not cruel. Especially not to females and pups. So why the hell would he do that to her?

"You were just going to let her die? What is wrong with you?!" Tris snarled at him.

"I mentioned to Sawyer she wasn't eating, didn't I?" Noah said in that same flat tone that was making Tristan's anger rise again. Dangerously. He felt himself shaking now with how hard it was to keep his beast down.

The door slammed open behind them and they all turned back. Sawyer was carrying her wrapped in the fur. Although he couldn't see her face buried against his neck and tucked into the blanket, her breathing was slow and even.

She wasn't conscious.

She didn't wake from being picked up? Or their loudness? Somewhere in his mind, he knew that was a bad sign.

As was her too-fast heartbeat.

"You all stay the fuck away from her." Sawyer snarled, his eyes were glazed. Tristan rarely saw him lose his temper. He was always level-headed and light-hearted, even in dire circumstances.

Now he looked lethal.

"Sawyer... she's not your charge," Noah said firmly.

"She certainly is now," Sawyer growled and sent a furious look at Tristan as he angrily stalked by them. Tris felt his wolf grow even more panicked.

But he forcibly held himself back. The rationale part of his mind knew it was for the best. He trusted Sawyer. But then again... he had trusted Noah too. That thought made the anger in him further rise.

Sawyer suddenly paused and looked back, his furious eyes on Noah.

"And whatever vendetta you have against this female, lose it now." He snarled at him. Both had a severe look on their faces as they stared hard at each other.

The moment grew tense.

Tristan looked at Noah briefly, before focusing back on the little unconscious female. He suddenly couldn't keep still.

"Where are you taking her?" Tristan asked.

"She's staying with me until Edith gets here. I'm sending a scout out to have her rush ahead of the others." Sawyer spoke harshly before he turned and continued on his way.

"If your gifted even lives that long." Sawyer snarled over his shoulder. Tristan felt the shock of those words, down to his soul.

Live?