Chapter 1

WARNING: The story contains extreme graphic violence, minor character death, strong sexual content (All characters will be 18+), and several scenes with graphic/major trigger warnings. Please don't read if any of these offend you.

~~~~

Rain poured gently over the sullen crowd gathered within the large circular field of the central pack house. She felt the cold water trail down her face in rivulets, getting caught in her long thick lashes.

The gentle curls at the tips of her silver-white hair were soaked straight as water trickled down to the small of her back. The fabric of her dress was sticking to her. It was freezing, but she didn't feel it much. The cold had numbed her.

Words boomed harshly by a voice laced with fury over the crowd, easily heard over the consistent patter of the rain. Not that she heard his words, even with the seriousness of the situation.

Something else had taken her wolf's full focus.

Lo stared at the large male who stood behind the shouting Alpha on the raised platform in front of the packhouse.

The females around her were all knelt on the ground with their heads deeply bowed and tilted to the side, their hair tucked over a shoulder so their necks remained exposed, hands planted on the ground in front of them.

It was the tradition in her pack in the presence of their Alpha.

They were never to make eye contact, never to speak unless spoken to. Lo knew the rules well, she had a submissive gentle nature; her mother often told her this; even before the ways of the pack were forced upon her.

So whatever was compelling her to break every rule instilled inside her, even to go against her very nature, she couldn't understand.

The urge to cast her eyes downward was thwarted by the urge to stare at this striking male who stood so stoically beside the gathered Alphas. Her heart wouldn't stop pounding and despite the numbing cold, she felt a flush of heat pink her pale skin.

He was immense, even compared to the imposing statures of the three Alphas around him. It was obvious he was no Alpha considering he was not regarded as one by the others gathered, but he radiated the power of one.

An Alpha's son, an Alpha heir, he had to be.

His short dark brown hair was flattened by the rain as he stood nude upon the platform. It was obvious he was fresh out of a shift; the rain had not yet washed the remnants of blood that trickled down his front from the recent battle.

Lo followed the trail of the reddened droplets down his heavily muscled form, every line of him was masculine. She wasn't even shy to observe his impressive maleness between his legs. The wolven people were comfortable in the way nature made them.

They were animals, and nudity was part of life. They preferred it, especially after a shift. The cold did not seem to bother him.

Lo pulled her attention back up to his face where a scar ran up the right side, starting from his strong jawline and slanted upward to the bridge of his nose, giving him a rough and rugged appearance. A mark like that on a wolf could have only been left by silver. It made him look fierce, like a warrior.

Strength is what she saw in him. Even from a distance, he had the greenest eyes she'd ever seen. She was only sixteen, weeks away from seventeen, and she was not yet known to males. Yet for the first time in her life, this male stirred her in a way that made her want to be.

Lo forcibly shook herself from her daze and flicked a glance to her own Alpha. Alpha Alik Orlov. He was bound and collared and being forced to kneel in front of the shouting Alpha by two Betas. A total of three Alpha and Beta pairs stood upon the platform, all from different woodland packs.