Chapter 4: Field trip

Chapter 4: The field trip

A classic episode in the spider world
The chapter you all have been waiting for....
TW: bullying.

~~~~~~~~~~

George's POV
I was excited today. It was Wednesday and the day of the field trip. I was still at the apartment preparing the stuff I would need such as a block note, a pencil, my lunch and a bottle of water. I made Grigory sign my permission split and put it in my bag.

I headed towards the living room as I put my bag on my shoulder. And once I got in the living room, I saw my big brother on his computer. I came up to him and kissed his cheek (platonically). It was an habit I got used whenever I wanted to say goodbye to the ones I love. He returned the goodbye by placing a (platonic) kiss on my forehead. "Have fun on the trip" he smiled before turning back to his computer. I nodded and wished the same for him to have a good day before heading out of the apartment.

I was walking towards the school. As I arrived close to the school yard, I saw my classmates next the buses that would take us to the laboratory. I walked to the buses and saw Skeppy waving at me. I waved back with a smile and started to walk towards him.

But as I made my way to him, someone tripped me and I fell to the ground. As I hit the floor, my glasses fell off and couldn't see anything. I started to look around and saw a tall figure in front of me. The figure bent down and took something off the ground.

I sat up on my knees. "Can you give them back, please" I asked politely and all the person in front of me did was laugh. I recognized the laugh immediately, it was Clay's. "If you want them, why don't you get them yourself" he laughed even more.

I stood up and looked at his blurred appearance. I didn't know where my glasses were. Then I saw another blurred figure come towards the both of us. "HEY, leave him alone Clay" the person said and I recognized the voice as Skeppy's. "And what about a no, Ahmed?" Clay responded. "Well, we will take care of you personally" we? Who are the 'we'.

Then I saw two other figures behind Skeppy. "And you freaks think you scare me" Clay spatted and was about to respond even more but the teachers called the students.
"Let's go Clay. They aren't worth it." Another person said. I think it was Clay's best friend, Nick Armstrong or Sapnap. I heard them step away from us.

"Catch it if you can, nerd" I heard Clay say. But I didn't know what he talking about. Then I saw a figure bend down to catch something. Then the figure went to me and put the thing on my face. It was my glasses. "Thank you" I said before looking at the person.

They had light brown hair, beautiful greyish  eyes (well from my point of view), pale skin and wore oversized and multicoloured clothes. "You're welcome" they responded with a bright smile. I didn't realize I was staring at his outfit until I saw get uncomfortable. "I'm sorry. I did 't mean to stare, it just-" "It's pretty uncommon, I know. And weird too" they cut me off, rubbing the back of their head while laughing awkwardly. "No... I was about to say creative and beautiful" I beamed and saw his smile grew bigger. "Really? Thanks" they responded with a cheery attitude.

"Okay, okay..... We get it. George meet Karl. Karl meet George" Skeppy said and I nodded, encasing the new information. "Karl is Alexis' field trip partner. And speaking of field trip, I think we need to go know. Plus Quackity might waiting for us now" Skeppy exclaimed and Karl and I nodded.

~Time skip~
At the lab

I was awing at almost everything. The high technology machines, all the equations on the screens, it all amazed me. I was so interested and overjoyed on it. "George, calm down, bud" Skeppy laughed as he looked at my overjoyed expression. " But it's so cool" I almost let out a high pitch noise but Quackity, who was behind me, shushed me. I got silent immediately (Gosh, he can terrifying sometime).

Then the guide lead us to a room where they run experiments on spiders. "Here is the spider exhibit. The spiders we're experimenting on are radioactive and could be really powerful if their DNA mixed with other species. We have 14 different specimens. All of them has different level of radioactivity and strength. The strongest amongst them is the 'azulorium arachnid' which is the white one with blue stripes on his abdomen. Then we have the......"

I didn't really listened to the guide anymore. I actually stopped listen when I came by a terrarium and didn't see a spider in it. I looked at the sign at the bottom of the terrarium and discovered that it was the 'azulorium' 's terrarium but it wasn't there.

I shook it off, thinking the spider must have hide somewhere. To be honest, thinking of spiders is making me freaked out. It freaked me out so much, I even felt a crawling sensation on my back.

I didn't think of it much so I continued to follow the other students. I was taking notes when I felt something bite on my neck. It was painful, so I started to rub my neck. Then I felt something and took it. I checked it and saw a spider. It was white and had blue stripes on his abdomen..... Wait isn't this the 'azulorium arachnid' and it's dead, now.

Panic started to rise inside me. My breathing started to get heavy. I dropped the spider because I got dizzy. Everything started to spin and I felt like I was suffocating all of the sudden. Everything was too bright, too loud. I couldn't focus on anything and my heart beat was the only thing I was hearing. I still could hear people calling my name but very lightly.

I couldn't respond to anything. Then everything went black.

That's all for today folks! See ya in the next chap!