When both of yours and Jake's feet did not reach the sand anymore, you looked at him and have gave him a knowing look. It was time. This was his first time heading into the depths without a creature to guide him through it, and even if you were there, he wouldn't be scared. Taking a shot in the dark, you raised your hand above the water and offered it to him. The palm of your hand was open to him, and it took him a few seconds as he looked between your face and your hand. You'd guide him through it. You wanted to hold his hand through it all.

Not only would this be uncharted territory for him, but the world that was below these waters was nothing like he'd ever seen before. This wasn't just about the lesson, but also so he got to see the beauties of this region in Pandora. When he rode his Skimwing, he was riding it so fast that he probably didn't get a chance to see the reefs. This was his chance to see all that. What awaited him below the depths of these currents was something that you wanted to be a part of, so you hoped he took the chance.

It wasn't a few seconds until you realized that he hadn't put his hand on yours. Maybe you were too forward, and that was your mistake. But, to your surprise, the moment you started to lower your hand onto the water again, you suddenly felt his hand curl around yours, gripping it and holding on to it tightly. You turned to look at him and he was looking at you with so much fondness and tenderness that you didn't know to react to it. He didn't say anything, and he just placed his hand on yours, feeling like it should've been there all along.

You smiled at him and took this as the opportunity to finally begin. Sensing you two were about to go underwater, Jake took a deep breath and held it. Soon enough, you dipped underwater and he followed after you, still holding onto your hand. The moment you two went below the surface and the bubbles cleared from the impact of the dip, Jake's eyes widened and he turned to look at you, seeing you already looking at him with a soft smile.

He was in absolute awe and marveled by what he was seeing. There were creatures he'd never seen before, so unique looking, and surreal. You and Jake continued to make your way further down to the reef, swimming side by side and not letting go of each other's hands. While you swam using your finned tail and swayed your body through the water gracefully, Jake used his legs and free arm to push himself forward. You smiled as you looked over to him and saw how eager he was to see more.

As you two swam through fragments of coral, Jake spotted a school of colorful fish that caught his attention. He tightened his grip in your hand gently, catching your attention, and when you looked over at him, he was smiling from ear to ear. Jake pointed with his free hand over to the fish he had spotted. You looked over to what he was referring to and smiled in wonder. That species of fish always travelled together and never left each other alone or someone behind. They stuck together. Seeing nature in such a fresh light and how much it survived and thrived when it was left in peace was truly an astonishing and wonderful thing.

Jake took a bold decision and began to swim forward on his own, letting go of your hand briefly. When finding himself at a normal distance from you, this time he turned around and swam backwards as he extended both of his hands out to you instead of one. You didn't hesitate in coming closer and joining hands with him, but what you didn't expect was for him to pull you forward towards him in the water to the point where your faces were inches away from one another. Your eyes were as wide as dinner plates and Jake let his eyes trail all over you, and could only help but marvel at your beauty. He had never noticed those details about you that made you so unique.

Like all adult Metkayina villagers, or at least most of them, you had tattoos in the crown of your head that reached the top of your forehead. They were gentle and smooth lines that framed your face beautifully, and Jake had failed to notice until now. You were still trying to process the moment you two were in, so you eventually came to your senses and departed you face away from his, but still keeping your conjoined hands together. Jake was beginning to feel playful, given to how happy he was feeling in that moment. He began to swim in way that had you both twirling in the water in spirals and spins, marvelling at the sights before the two of you.