Chapter Twenty One: I Wanna Be There For You!

Hey guys! ;)  Here is the next chapter for you, nyan!~  This one is kinda long...woah. o.o  Well, I dedicate this chapter to MidnightBlaze7, for being such an awesome supporter! ;w;  You've given me comments, votes, critiques..a whole bunch of stuff!  ♡  It means alot to me you have all read my story...Arigato!!  ღ You've all stuck with me this entire time; it truly means everything to me!! Well, I hope you enjoy this chapter!<3 Comments and other feedback is very much appreciated, and wish me luck on my tests. x.x

<< Be sure to check out the song in the multimedia!  I think it fits this chapter very well, and I was inspired by it to even write this story in the first place. ;) >>

Until next time,

Ry-chan ======================================================================

Annabelinda roared as she slammed into a dragon that was diving for Lucy, taking it out instantly.  Natsu followed right above her, using his Fire Dragon's Roar to hit a dragon and knock it out of the sky.

"Wow, Natsu!  That's one of the best ones I've ever seen you do!"  Happy exclaimed.  He suddenly snickered.  "Natsu's will to protect Lucy is making him stronger..."

He was lucky Natsu didn't hear that last part.

"How's Lucy doing?"  Natsu asked, looking down as Happy flew him through the sky in circles.

Lucy was doing a strange dance along the ends of the summoning circle, and every part of the ring she touched started to glow.

"What is she doing?"  Happy mewed, looking down along with Natsu.

They flinched in surprise when they saw Rose's form flicker once in awhile, replacing Lucy's.

"She is performing the final ritual."  

Natsu exclaimed in surprise when he saw Annabelinda's eye next to him.  

He didn't think dragons could sneak like that!

"Natsu...?  Is it just my imagination or did she just speak?"  Happy murmured, his eyes wide.

"I..think she talked."  Natsu replied, swallowing.

"Of course I talked.  Lucy rid the bind on my mind so I can speak clearly with you humans now.  Lucy Heartfilia is performing the Genesis Ritual.  It is how she will be able to send all of us to whence we came."

"You mean Lucy is going to kill you?!"  Natsu exclaimed.

"I do not know the plans of your companion, Son of Igneel."

Natsu froze.  "Y-You knew Igneel?"

The female dragon huffed smoke out of her nose.  "Yes, I knew him.  He was a little hatchling, though...I was way before his age."

"Tell me where to find him!"  Natsu exclaimed, a little desperation coating his voice.

Annabelinda was silent for a moment.  "Forgive me, Fire Dragon Slayer, but I do not know what has become of him.  After all, I was sealed inside Lucy's soul for a long time."

Disappointed, Natsu frowned.  "Lucy wouldn't hurt any one of these dragons; I know that for sure."

"Natsu..."  Happy murmured, awed.

Annabelinda studied him for a few seconds, then turned her purple-crystaled eyes back to Lucy--or Rose, considering the circumstance--slowly.  "She's finished."  The Spirit Dragon growled, and Natsu looked down at the place Lucy was residing.