Chapter Fifteen: It's Up To You

Woop, another chapter!  I really liked writing this one...It seemed to give a lot of information. xD  I hope you all like it!  I think I'll update one more time...maybe two more times? ♡  Anyways, I dedicate this chapter to AiraIsabelBenito for being such a great supporter and friend...thanks for everything! ஜ I hope you all like this chapter! I think I don't have that many chapters left in this fan fiction, to be honest! :O Well, I hope this clears things up for you all! Feedback is very much appreciated!!! ღ Until next time,

Ry-chan

=======================================================================

"I didn't join a guild.  I worked alone.  And when the time of Dragons Doomsday approached, I was warned by my mother Annabelinda of their attack."

"Why would dragons do such a terrible thing?"  Lucy asked, disbelief written on her face.

"Annabelinda had told me it was because they were being controlled."

"No way!"  Lucy exclaimed, jumping up.  "There is no way someone could control a dragon!"

"I never said it was someone."  Rose replied, looking up at her with her expression impassive.  "It was a dragon."

"A-A dragon?"  Lucy's shoulders slumped, but her eyes widened.

Rose nodded.  "Bragun."

Lucy held her breath as another memory flashed through her mind, and it was of a large black and red dragon roaring.  It was residing in a land of volcanoes, silhouettes of other dragons in the gray sky.  The noise of a volcano erupting split through the air with a crack, and the image flashed away just like the last one.

"Bragun was a dragon that despised humans to the very core.  He was the one who created dark magic; the very first mage in existence to use such evil abilities.  He was incredibly powerful as well, and didn't hesitate to kill anything or anyone who got in his way."  Rose paused, her eyes shaking slightly.  "He led the raid to end human life, which just so happens that the first attack was at Winterlight."

"And you were there, weren't you?"  Lucy murmured, awe coating her voice as the realization hit her.  

Rose nodded.  "The sky was thunderous and black, lightning flying everywhere.  I raced to the top of this sacred site, known as the Grede Fumir.  When they appeared through the clouds, they started to destroy everything.  Using their unique powers to light the lands on fire, everyone had lost hope, even I."  Her eyes narrowed.  "Every dragon was under it's control, Lucy.  Even my mother."

"Oh my god..."  Lucy murmured, her eyes watering.  "Rose..."

Rose shook her head.  "I'm fine." Standing, she walked over to the fountian, letting the cool water slip through her fingers.  "Before Annabelinda was hypnotized under Bragun's magic, she had taught me two moves concerning both my magic powers.  One was called Sidera Congregate, or Stars Gather.  That was the move I used to seal all the dragons - including my mother - inside my soul.  I had to combine my Celestial Spirit powers with my Spirit Dragon Slayer Arts.  Those two combined created incredible abilities, such as the Sidera Congregate."  Rose turned to Lucy, her dress swaying.

"However, the move I did not perform was the Lux Omnium Stellarum; the Light of All Stars.  That spell had enough power to wipe them out completely."

"Then why didn't you use the Light of All Stars?"  Lucy asked, birds flapping their wings as they left the opening in the ceiling.  Light cascaded from the holes in the palisades, shining on Rose and Lucy.