Chapter Four: The Crawler

Hello, everyone!  I've got the fire back to write this story, woo!  Here is the next chapter, haha!  I hope you like it, ne?  I dedicate this chapter to littlesmile07, for reading my other two NaLu fanfictions, including my favorite so far, Fairy Tail: Invincible Wills and Feelings!♥  If you don't mind, I'd like to know your guy's opinions!  Which one was your favorite?  I'd love it if you could answer that question!~  Also, I hope this is getting more exciting, considering all the questions you probably have! XD  It'll all be answered soon, I promise mina! ;)  Well, here you go!  Chapter Four of my NaLu fanfiction!  See you next time, mina!★

Ry-chan

============================================================================

"This must be it..."  Lucy murmured, entering the cave slowly and cautiously.

The cave wasn't lit by any lights; the only thing that aloud Lucy to see was the lightning that flashed behind her in the sky, giving her brief glimpses of her path underfoot.  She was soaked to the bone, shivering violently as she stepped inside the cave with weariness.  Urgency was in her movements, and she had cuts and bruises all along her arms and legs.  Sores were on the bottom of her hands and feet, which were mysteriously bare.  Her clothes were slashed and ripped, stained and crippled into a mess.

Taking cautious but unsteady steps forward, Lucy tried to control her breathing, which mixed with the watery tears she shed unknowingly.  She didn't know she was crying; she told herself it's only rain.

Continuing to struggle forward, Lucy saw a light up ahead, a beautiful yellow light that eased the pain from her aching muscles as she continued to grow closer.

"Almost there..."  She murmured, using her hands against the cave wall as guidance.

But right before she got there, something scratched against the rock, hidden somewhere in the darkness around her.

"Who's there?"  Lucy exclaimed, looking wildly around, blind.

This time she heard it above her, and thrust her head in the direction.  A shadow that she could somehow see in the pitch black cave crashed into her, making her scream.  She fell, fell into the floor which mysteriously disappeared, leaving nothing but cold, empty darkness.

+_______________________________________________________________________________Light thinks it travels faster than Darkness.  But it is wrong.  No matter how fast Light travels, Darkness is always there first.

Waiting.  

Watching._______________________________________________________________________________+

Ever since Lucy had that dream last night, she couldn't think straight, having to rely on Natsu to guide the way through the wilderness.  Questions ran through her head nonstop, threatening to pull her into insanity.  Once they defeated this Crawler, she was determined to go after that man Natsu and her had met on the train.  She knew he could give her answers, but she had no clue where to find him.

To sum it all up, Lucy was having headaches with people screaming in her mind, meeting people she swears she knows but has never seen before, and has creepy dreams during the night.  Perfect.

Sighing, she tried to shake her mind out of the reverie when Natsu stopped, and she bumped right into him.

"What're you-"  Natsu nodded forward, his face becoming serious as rustling was heard ahead.  Lucy understood.  "Is it...the Crawler?"  She whispered, cringing in slight fear.