Chapter Fourteen: Revelation

Hey guys!  Sorry if it's been awhile! ^^;  

Announcement: I've got a new NaLu fan fiction coming up!! ;D  I can't wait for that one...  I will upload it after I finish this one!♥ To tell you the title for a little "sneak peak", it's called Fairy Tail: The Luminous Star of Caballeen! I'm sooo excited to write it! :')

Oh, have you guys seen the Fairy Tail movie yet? Someone made a really accurate sub version and I freakin' LOVED that movie. It was sad though, I have to admit.✖✖ Anyways, I dedicate this chapter to kitcat5510! She has an awesome Fairy Tail fan fiction~! I hope you all enjoy this chapter, ne? Feedback is very much appreciated!!ஜ Until next time,

Ry-chan

=========================================================================

Lucy could feel her arms and legs trembling as she woke from her slumber, finally able to pull out of the Fake-Rose's grasp on her mind.  She was laying on the cold hard ground inside an old church-like structure.  Weeds protruded from the ground as she looked around, and saw some of the walls were either collapsed or damaged.  But a beautiful waterfall seemed intacked in the middle of the room, water falling loudly from the roof above.

Where am I?  Lucy wondered.  She began to move, climbing to her feet and swaying slightly.  "Where did that imposter take me?!"  Looking around, she gasped in complete surprise as she faced a large symbol that was etched on the wall high above her.

It was written in red ink - at least that was what Lucy hoped it was.  Symbols she'd never seen before lined the edges, and the farther into the circle they intertwined the large they became.  Something was strangely familiar about this place; she felt like she'd been here before.  But that was obviously not true; Lucy didn't recognize this place at first hand at all.

Lucy felt frustration boil in her stomach.  "Where am I?!"  She yelled, only to hear her voice echo through the ruins.

"Ms. Heartfilia."

Turning abruptly, Lucy tumbled onto her butt in hysteria to see the Fake-Rose again.

"You!"  Lucy exclaimed, anger showing clearly in her eyes.  "Where have you-"

She stopped, because something was different in Rose's eyes this time.  They were brighter, with a bigger shine to them and with no speckle of darkness residing in their depths.  She seemed to have a nicer aura to them to, including the overall feeling of gentleness her posture seemed to give off.  Not like the Imposter-Rose's hard and coldness she felt.

"Are you..?"  Lucy began, her eyes widening.

Rose nodded.  "I'm sorry you were fooled by that illusion, Lucy.  But I am the real thing, I assure you."

Lucy stood slowly, wiping off her skirt.  "Are you here to help me?"

Rose smiled.  "More like to give you all the information you need."

"Please!"  Lucy urged.  "What is going on?  I need to know everything!"

Rose looked up at the giant ring with malice.  "I should start from the beginning, then."

_______________________________________________________________________________

"Natsu!  How many times do I have to tell you?  It's not the "Summoning Temple".  Master told us it was the Grede Fumir!"  Happy exclaimed, flying beside him as they raced through the woods.

"But it's so much easier to say "Summoning Temple", not the Great-whatever it's called!"

"Would you two stop bickering?!  We've got to find the Grede Fumir and save Lucy!"  Erza exclaimed, running right behind them alongside Gray and Wendy.

"Erza, how much farther?"  Wendy asked, panting.

"Natsu!"  Erza barked.  "Fly into the sky and see if you can spot anything familiar to Master's description!"

"Happy!"

"Aye sir!"

They took off, leaving Erza, Gray, and Wendy to follow quickly on the ground.

_______________________________________________________________________________

"I had been training as a Celestial Spirit Slayer."  Rose began.

"Is that a name for your Celestial Spirit powers and your Spirit Dragon Slayer magic?"  Lucy asked, sitting down next to Rose on the bench of the water fall.

Rose nodded.  "I found out I was a Spirit Dragon Slayer first, of course.  I was raised by my mother, the Spirit Dragon Annabelinda.  She was a beautiful and proper dragon, but certainly had that devilness in her."  Her face saddened.  "However, the time that she raised and trained me I seemed to be performing a slightly bit more than Spirit Dragon Slayer magic.  Annabelinda seemed to notice it and understand it quickly, and told me to search for my birth parents and find out my heritage.  So, I did so.  When I finally found them, it wasn't at all as I hoped."

"W-What do you mean?"  Lucy asked, leaning forward to look at Rose with worry.

Rose looked down, her face sadenning.  "They were dead."

Lucy gasped slightly, and an image of Rose standing at two tombstones flashed in her mind, the wind blowing her hair through the air softly as she looked down at them with deep sadness.  She looked slightly younger than she was now, but other than that the same.  Fresh flowers rested on each one; beautiful roses in a simple bouquet.

This is Rose's memory...  Lucy thought, and suddenly it flashed away, her eyes returning to the Rose in front of her in reality as she gasped.

Rose just glanced at her, then looked back at the ground.  "Despite my sadness at never meeting them, I had a relative that was still alive.  The Heartfilia's."

Lucy gasped.  "T-That's my-"

Rose nodded.  "Yes, your family.  I met your great-great-great grandmother, Miss Anelie Heartfilia."  She smiled slightly, like she was thinking of a pleasant memory.  "We became great friends, and I stayed with her and her son for a long time.  Anelie had told me that my mother and father had died in horrible city fire, protecting me as a small baby.  Everyone believed I was dead, but..."

Lucy blinked.  "...That's when Annabelinda saved you, wasn't it?"

Rose nodded, smiling.  "Anelie proceeded to tell me how my mother was a Celestial Spirit Mage, and that I had inherited her powers."

"So that's how you came to possess both powers?"

"Yes."

_______________________________________________________________________________

"Oi!  I found something!"  Natsu exclaimed, dropping to the ground.

Erza, Gray, and Wendy and Carla burst from the bushes, panting heavily as they leaned on their knees for air.

"Finally!"  Gray exclaimed, opening one eyes as he continued to gasp for air.  "What took you so long, Flame Brain?"

"Like you could do better!"  Natsu exclaimed, stomping his foot.

"Enough!"  Erza exclaimed, standing straight up instantly.

"Erza has already regained all her breathing..."  Wendy murmured with a sweat drop.

In front of them was a half hidden cave.  White rock surrounded it, along with shrubs and vines tied along the cliff edges.  A slight breeze emited from the dark opening, and a slight whistling noise was echoing inside from the wind.

"This is it."  Gray replied as the group stood in silence in the small clearing in front of the cave opening.

"Let's go!"  Erza exclaimed, and everyone nodded, their faces serious.

===========================================================================

Stay tuned for the next chapter, Chapter Fifteen: It's Up To You!

Will be published today at a later time, so be looking forward to it! ^^