Chapter Nineteen: The Advent of Challenges

Hello everyone!  ღ  I have the next chapter here, hot n' ready!  ;)  I hope you didn't wait too long, and if you did, I'm sorry!  I hope you enjoy this chapter, though.  I dedicated this very chapter to Erza_Lucy25 for being a Fairy Tail fan!  I hope you enjoy, and feedback is very much appreciated!! ♡  Until next time,

Ry-chan

===========================================================================

A thunder clap shook Lucy's ears as she became conscious, hearing booms ricochet through the air.

"...awake yet?"  A voice asked worriedly, muffled.

"She's gravely...we have to get her....quickly."  Another voice said, fading in and out when the rumble of thunder drowned it out.

"...cy!"  The first voice exclaimed.  "...ucy!  Lucy!"

Lucy slowly pulled her eyes open, and saw Natsu leaning over her on her right, while the others were kneeling over her on her left.  Her vision blurred in and out, the world tilting slightly.

"Lucy!"  Natsu exclaimed in relief.

"She's awake!"  Happy exclaimed, tears on the corners of his eyes from crying; the small cat was afraid Lucy wasn't going to open her eyes.  Wendy had her hands over Lucy's stomach, healing her injuries.

"Hang in there, Lucy..."  She murmured.  "I'm almost done.."

Not thinking, Lucy sat up.  "What happe-"  She cringed, resting a hand on her head.

Before she could fall over, Natsu caught her.  "Lucy!"

"What..happened?"  Lucy murmured, her voice raspy as she stared up at the open sky.

Where dragons flew around.

Lucy widened her eyes, gasping as she flew back up to a sitting position.  "The dragons!  Rose..the spell...Rogue...?!"  She looked around frantically.

"Natsu beat him."  Happy mewed while Wendy forced Lucy back onto the ground.

"We need to stop the dragons!"  Lucy exclaimed, ignoring Wendy's protests as she pulled herself back up again.

"We've been fighting the dragons for awhile, Lucy."  Erza replied, and Lucy looked up at them with surprise.

That's when she noticed the drained looks on their faces; and the faint markings of serious injuries Wendy had healed.  A few bandages were wrapped either on their heads, arms, or legs.  Natsu was the worst; he had bandages all over his body.

Then Lucy noticed where they were.

They looked to be in an enclosure.  Most of the ceiling was gone, but it seemed to be a ruined building of some sort.  The thunder outside - which Lucy now knew to be the roar of dragons - rolled through the air, and as quick as a flash giant shadows soared over their heads.

"How long have I been out?"  Lucy murmured, tears of dismay springing to her eyes.

"You've been out for an hour or two."  Natsu murmured, looking at her with worry.

"Have the dragons gone to any of the cities yet?"  Lucy asked, looking up at the others.

Erza shook her head.  "For some reason, they chose to stay in this area.  They won't leave."

Lucy widened her eyes, her breath catching.

You need to use Lux Omnium Stellarum.

"It's because of me!"  Lucy suddenly exclaimed.