Chapter Twenty-Five

The trip from Ginza Six felt longer than the trip back, though that was only because everyone had yet to fully calm down from the earlier situation at the mall. Luckily, the stress didn't last throughout the entire trip as the group had begun talking and joking with one another once more. Daisuke and Akali lead everyone back to the apartment, though they didn't plan on staying for very long. Not wanting the day to end on a sour note, it was decided that everyone would have a sleepover in Evelynn and Ahri's hotel room.

     Once they had arrived back at the apartment, Daisuke unlocked the door and let everybody in first before entering himself. Everyone quickly kicked their shoes off and found their seats on the couch, save for Daisuke who quietly walked into his room. The girls all sat and showed off what they bought from the mall, though Akali didn't have anything that she had bought for herself.

     "You've gotta try this new fragrance!" Ahri said as she lightly sprayed her new bottle of perfume. "Tell me what you think."

     "Raspberry, I think?" Akali guessed. "There's something else, but I can't tell..."

     "Smells kind of like..." Evelynn trailed off.

     "Lychee?" Kai'Sa finished for her.

     "Yup! Raspberry and lychee!" Ahri confirmed with a smile. "Tempting Rose by Jimmy Choo."

     "Fruity," Akali stated with a small laugh. "What'd you get, Bokkie?"

     "Aside from a slightly swollen hand? Just some new clothes for dance practice," the tallest woman answered while pulling out her new cropped hoodie.

     "Ooh, cute~," Ahri complimented.

     "What do you mean by 'a slightly swollen hand' though?" Evelynn asked while leaning forward and taking Kai'Sa's wrists, making her open her hands.

     "You didn't see what I did?" the dancer asked in confusion.

     "We caught up with you in the middle of your yelling match with Rie, but we didn't see the whole thing," Akali replied while inspecting Kai'Sa's red palm. "What'd you do?"

     "I... um..."

     "Kai'Sa... Did you slap her?" Ahri asked.

     Feeling too embarrassed to give a straight answer, she looked away and hesitantly nodded her head, leaving everyone shocked. Their shy, sweet, and loving Kai'Sa? Slapping someone out of anger? It was unheard of, and thought to be impossible.

     "Um... okay, honestly," Akali finally spoke, "I'm gonna need a second to process that. But..."

     "Fuck her," Evelynn dryly stated.

     "Yep, fuck her," Ahri repeated in agreement.

     "Fuck that bitch," Akali added, taking it further.

     "Language, Kali," Kai'Sa scolded, earning a groan from the younger woman. "And please, I don't want to talk about it. I'm already disappointed in myself as is."

     "She deserved it, though!" the ninja reasoned. "She's literally had that coming for a long time!"

     "But I've... I've never slapped someone before," Kai'Sa said while hiding her face in her hands. "I'm not a violent person..."

     "Honey, listen to me."

     Ahri took both of Kai'Sa's hands into her own while wearing a warm smile, causing her to turn a very noticeable shade of red.

     "I have no doubt that you were just defending Daisuke when she decided to take things further," the vastaya softly spoke. "We all know you're not a violent person. In fact, between all of us, you're the cinnamon roll that needs to be protected at all costs."