Chapter Ten

"What'cha working on, babe?" Akali asked as she leaned forward from behind the couch and wrapped her arms around her partner.

     "Mmm," Daisuke hummed in comfort as he pulled his headphones from his ears. "I've decided that my break is over, so I'm making new music again."

     The rapper looked to the laptop that rested on his lap and examined the many tracks of beats and melodies, resting her chin on his shoulder as she did so.

     "How long have you been going at it?" she asked.

     "Only a couple of hours, so there isn't much of anything yet," he answered while grabbing the notepad next to him. "I'm working on lyrics too, but... this is a bit harder than I thought."

     "Never produced anything by yourself before?" Akali asks as she turned her head to look at her boyfriend. "It's definitely way different from using instruments, like what you're used to; that said, it has its own appeal. Still, it's a lot to figure out all at once."

     "Agreed," Daisuke nodded as he held onto Akali's arms. "I think I'm gonna stop and come back when I have a clearer head. Besides, I have another song that's much further along than this one."

     "Why didn't you continue that one?" she asked while admiring him, a small smile visible on her face.

     "It was something I was working on while still in Esuna," he answered. "The guys never would've gone for it though. It's all hip hop, something you can easily move to."

     "Wait... Didn't you tell Kai'Sa you were working on something like that when you first met her?"

     "You remember that?" Daisuke gave a small laugh as he kissed his girlfriend's cheek. "Yeah, same song. Gonna have to work on it some more and put it out myself."

     "She's gonna be all hyped about it," Akali giggled, blushing as she felt his lips on the side of her face. "No doubt I'll enjoy it too, especially if you're singing again."

     "Flattery will get you everywhere, Akali," the singer replied, sharing a laugh with Akali.

     "Everywhere~?" she teased while poking his cheek.

     "Shut up and kiss me, woman," Daisuke said while eyeing her lips.

     "Make m- Mmph! Mmm..."

     Daisuke didn't let her finish as he took hold of her face with one hand and sealed her lips shut with his. Akali was caught off guard, but immediately melted into the kiss. She shut her eyes and ran her fingers through his long, partially dyed white hair. They pulled apart after some seconds and stared lovingly into each other's eyes.

     "W-wow..." she breathed out, her face tinted dark red.

     Her boyfriend simply smiled at her reaction and stroked her cheek with his thumb. They began to lean into each other for more when Akali's phone started going off, causing them both to stop and groan. Akali pulled her phone out of her pocket as she started speaking in an annoyed tone.

     "And who in the fuck is ruining thi- oh, right," Akali sighed as she checked to see who was calling. "It's Mundo. Gotta see how private we wanna keep this relationship."

     "Okay, that is actually important," Daisuke agreed while setting his laptop onto the coffee table.

     The rapper smirked as she sat on his lap and quickly kissed his cheek, causing him to blush with a small grin. She then answered the call and held her phone in just the right position to catch both her and Daisuke's faces in the video.