Chapter Six

Natsuki walked into the recording studio, ready to rehearse for an upcoming show that was two days away. They had been playing a lot less as of late, as this would be their first show in three weeks. Lately, tensions had been riding higher over creative differences, and it started to effect not just writing, but their performances and rehearsals as well.

     Upon walking into the rehearsal room, Natsuki was met with Chizuru, Yoh, and Kazu arguing with each other over song lyrics. Manabu just sat behind his drum kit, scrolling through his phone with his headphones on. The singer threw his jacket onto the nearby couch and got in between his bandmates, trying to break up the fight.

     "Calm down, both of you!" Natsuki shouted while keeping them apart from each other. "The hell is going on here?!"

     "I'm trying to write something here, and he's just not going along with it!" Kazu argued, pointing at Yoh.

     "We're not trying to play anything too heavy! We've told you that hundreds of times now!" the guitarist defended.

     "It's not even that heavy! It's hard rock at most!" the bassist shot back.

     Chizuru stepped in and held up his music sheet, showing what he himself had been working on.

     "We haven't even gotten to this at all, and I've had this ready for a couple of weeks now," he stated with an annoyed tone.

     "Those notes practically spell out 'ska punk', and you think that's gonna be successful?" Yoh replied sarcastically.

     "Who the fuck cares about successful?! We're supposed to be doing what we want, that's why we went the visual kei route!" Kazu shouted again. 

     "Manabu, a little help here!" Natsuki called to the drummer.

     The drummer looked up with an uncaring expression and shrugged. Natsuki was losing his mind over all of this, and here was Manabu, not caring to help his own band. 

     "If you care so much about success, why didn't you join a pop group?" Chizuru asked Yoh, getting angrier as the argument continues.

     "Did we all even have the same goals in mind when we started this fucking band?!"

     "What's your goal then?! Being known as a nobody that's part of some local band that's not getting anywhere?!"

     "Maybe we'd get somewhere if we didn't have your shitty songwriting!"

     "Say that again, asshole!"

     "ENOUGH!" Natsuki finally shouted.

     Everyone was stunned; even Manabu had looked up from his phone and taken his headphones off. It was rare for the singer to ever get angry, let alone shout at anyone.

     "I've had it up to here with this bullshit!" Natsuki started, shouting for everyone to hear. "Nearly two months now, and we can't agree on anything anymore! We can't write songs, we can't rehearse what we already have, we can't even talk like normal fucking human beings! You're all over the place, always fighting instead of trying to find some sort of compromise! 

     "And you!" he pointed to Manabu with a look of disappointment. "Do you even give a shit about the band anymore?"

     "The hell does that mean?" the drummer asked in confusion.

     "You haven't given input on any songs for months now!" the singer pointed out. "You're just floating at this point, playing whatever anyone asks without trying to help write and put something together! Do you even care?!"