Chapter Nine

"Mmm... Morning, Daisuke..."

     Akali felt around the other side of the bed as she woke, trying to find her boyfriend, but to no avail. She slowly opened her eyes to see nobody but herself in his room. After a few seconds of confusion, the scent of coffee made its way to her nose. She turned and looked to see a full mug, still warm, and a note left with it on the nightstand.

     "Had to start my shift earlier than expected today, but I should be off a bit before 4:30. Here's some coffee to start your day. See you tonight."

     "P.S. You're cute when you sleep. ❤"

     Akali smiled as she grabbed her coffee and read the last part over again, a small tint of red painting her cheeks. She placed the note back on the nightstand and reached for her phone.

     Kai'Sa: Call me when you wake up :)

     The ninja quickly pressed the call button and held the phone to her ear as she sipped on her coffee. After a couple of rings, there was an answer.

     "Hey, just woke up?" Kai'Sa greeted.

     "Yup, having my morning coffee right now," Akali replied. "What'd you need, Bokkie?"

     "Oh, just wanted to see how your date went~," the dancer teasingly answered.

     Akali thought of her date with Daisuke the day before, and the end result of said date. All she could do is smile and giggle when she remembered the kiss that made them official. Kai'Sa heard her over the phone, causing her to giggle as well, catching the rapper off guard.

     "That good, huh?" she teased.

     "It was amazing, actually," Akali said while looking back at the note Daisuke left her. "He asked me to be his last night."

     She had to pull the phone away from her ear as she heard Kai'Sa squeal in excitement.

     "I'm so happy for you both! It's been a long time coming!" she congratulated her bandmate.

     "THEY'RE OFFICIAL NOW?!" Ahri shouted in the background of the call.

     "We're official now," Akali confirmed with a small giggle. "Speaking of, I gotta talk to Mundo about this. Need to see if this relationship has to be a secret or not."

     "Good point," Kai'Sa agreed. "He's not gonna be available until tomorrow though. He's got meetings with the company today."

     "Hmm, looks like I'm not gonna be busy today, then," the rapper muttered. "By the way, how are you and Ahri doing by yourselves?"

     "W-we're fine," Kai'Sa nervously answered. "We haven't been doing much, b-but we're um... we're going shopping later."

     "Um... you okay?" Akali asked in confusion.

     "Y-yeah, why?" the dancer replied.

     "You seem nervous about something," she pushed.

     "OH I GOTTA GO GET READY! I'LL SEE YOU LATER! BYE!" Kai'Sa suddenly let out before cutting the call.

     'The hell was that about?' Akali wondered, her eyebrows furrowed in shock.

     She shook her head and pushed the thought out of her mind for the time being. Checking the time on her phone, Akali noticed it was eleven, meaning it would be another five and a half hours until Daisuke would be off of work. An idea quickly popped into her head.