Chapter Twelve

Daisuke entered his bedroom and sat on the floor behind Akali, who was doing her makeup in front of a body mirror. He began running his fingers through her hair while bopping his head to The Prodigy, which was heard from the record player in the living room. The rapper stopped and closed her eyes as she was soothed by his touch, a smile growing across her face. Her phone went off, making her open her eyes and check the notification.

     "Yasuo just left the airport and is now on his way over," Akali said as she placed her phone back down in front of her.

     "Sounds good, means it'll be anywhere from forty five minutes to an hour before he gets here," Daisuke replied.

     The singer bunched the top half of her hair up in one hand and pulled the hair tie from around his wrist, tying it into an upper ponytail. He kept going, however, and after a couple more loops, he had given her the same half up and half down style that he typically wears. Akali looked in the mirror and admired his work.

     "Are we trading today?" she asked as she turned to face her boyfriend.

     "If you'd like to," he replied with a grin.

     Akali got behind him and began working on Daisuke's hair, running her hands through it just as he did before. She decided to try something different from what either of them would usually wear and got to work. She tied all of his hair, save for his bangs, into a side ponytail; from there, she twirled it and looped it until it became a low side bun. Daisuke smiled as he checked out his new hairstyle in the mirror.

     "Like it?" She asked while resting her chin on his shoulder, looking into the mirror at him.

     "I love it, actually," Daisuke answered while turning to kiss her cheek. "I should let you do my hair more often."

     "Hehe, anytime," Akali giggled. "I need to finish my makeup and get dressed. Shouldn't take me long."

     "I think I'll get some breakfast ordered in the meantime, then," the singer said as he stood up and pulled his phone from his pocket.

     "Ooh! Can you order eggslut?" she suggested.

     "Eggslut it is. Same as last time?" Daisuke asked.

     "Please," Akali confirmed as she sat back down in front of the mirror with her makeup. "Thank you, baby."

     "Of course, honey," he said while placing their order on his phone. "I'm gonna get some coffee made while we wait."

     "I'll be here," the rapper replied while working on her eyes.

     Daisuke left the bedroom and walked into the kitchen to start brewing a pot of coffee after having their order placed for delivery. After a minute of watching the coffee drip, he checked his phone once more and noticed that their food was already being prepared. A notification suddenly popped up, alerting him to his phone's low battery. Without much thought, he strolled back towards his bedroom and opened the door.

     The singer plugged his charger chord into his phone and set it down on the nightstand. He started speaking as he slowly turned to face his girlfriend, unaware of the situation behind him.

     "Our food is being made. Probably gonna be- くそ!(Shit!) " Daisuke suddenly shouted as he turned back around.

     "What?! What is it?!" Akali exclaimed, oblivious to the fact that she was completely topless, and that he had seen everything.

     "I- I'm sorry," he stuttered out with a dark red blush. "I should've knocked."

     Akali furrowed her brow before looking down, realizing that her chest was on full display. She began to laugh hard as her eyes began to water. Daisuke stared at the wall, completely dumbfounded. He thought for sure she would've been mad, or at least uncomfortable. Unsure of how to approach the situation, he finally spoke.