Chapter Seventeen

She gently brushed her fingers along the bruise on her boyfriend's neck, admiring it as he continued sleeping peacefully. Akali had been awake for nearly ten minutes, but refused to leave Daisuke's arms until he woke up. Truthfully, she would be okay with staying in bed with him all day if it weren't for the fact that her parents refused to let anyone sleep past ten in their house. As another few minutes pass, another reason to get out of bed had finally presented itself. Akali lightly nudged her partner in an attempt to wake him up.

     "Babe, wake up," she gently spoke while poking his cheek. "Let me go pee."

     The man's eyes slowly opened at the feeling of his face being jabbed. He looked around for a second before his eyes landed on his girlfriend, who began moving his hair out of his face. Daisuke leaned over and kissed her forehead, causing Akali to giggle.

     "Morning," he greeted while covering his mouth to yawn.

     "Sleep well?" Akali asked.

     "Like a snorlax blocking some ten year old's path on route sixteen," Daisuke jokingly replied as he sat up.

     "Did you have a hard time finding the flute to wake him up?"

     "Yeah, but I don't wanna talk about it. Motherfucker gave me a migraine until I figured it out."

     "Stupid," the ninja said with a small laugh as she stood up out of bed. "I'm gonna go pee."

     "Go for i- WAIT!" the singer suddenly shot out of bed as he shouted, causing Akali to stop as she was about to leave. "Your neck!"

     She widened her eyes and looked to the body mirror on the other side of the room. The hickey Daisuke had left on her was dark and fully visible, even from a distance. Akali's face turned red as she spun back around and grinned at the man in her bed.

     "Oh yeah. That was hot, by the way," she stated, remembering how he had gotten a hold of her the previous night. "I'll put some makeup on us. My parents won't know a thing."

     Akali grabbed her bag and sat on the bed as she began to sift through, searching for her concealer and foundation. Once she found them, she moved over to the mirror and began applying the makeup to her bruise. Daisuke checked his phone in the meantime, and opened a new message from Yasuo.

     Yasuo: i ended up with seven different variations of that melody you showed me

     Yasuo: im dead tired rn so im gonna pass out

     Yasuo: ive had five or six cups of coffee in the last 24 hours and i can now hear colors talking to me

     Yasuo: may make more when i wake up tho

     Yasuo: be ready for tomorrow

     "Christ," Daisuke muttered, catching his girlfriend's attention.

     "What's up?" she asked while checking her neck over one last time.

     "Yasuo's a workaholic, isn't he?" he asked.

     "He stayed up again, didn't he?" Akali chuckled. "He only does that when he's actually excited about whatever project he's working on. Means you got him all hyped up."

     The rapper then walked over and sat on her knees in front of her boyfriend. She began to focus as she applied her makeup to the dark bruise on his neck.

     "Oh, by the way, I'm gonna pitch something to Yas when you finish up with him. Remember how I wanted to make more music outside of K/DA?" Akali spoke.