Chapter forty-seven | Valia

TW MENTIONS OF: SEX

LOCATION: AIREDAL, HELELL

YEAR: 621 C.E

"I DON'T HAVE A NEED TO KILL THE HIGH LORD." SAID THE PRINCESS WITH A VACANT EXPRESSION.

The night sky stared down at them with a certain chill. Winter had barely come, and snow had begun to fall. It was nearly the twelfth month, and a new year was upon them. Valia rubbed her hand on the hilt of Ashfire. With her lips in a thin line, she stared at the knight with crooked look. "I saw the way you looked at him. Your eyes sing a different song, Princess." Valia rolled her eyes as turned to look up at the sky. The water hitting the bottom of the fountain filled the air as she let out a deep sigh.

"I will not say this again. I will not be killing the high lord. You are barking up the wrong tree, Ser." She decided to meet his crimson eyes. Her mismatched held the lie and it faded way. Valia Lamonia had never been a bad liar. If that meant anything in a situation like this because she could not trust him. If he told the high lord of her plans...he would kill everyone but not her. Everything that she accomplished up to this point would be for nothing. And she barely had any of those. Yet. The ventrui only stared at her with pinched brows. He was studying her. The princess wondered if she killed him and disposed of his body, if anyone would look for him. It was a pretty thought at a moment like this.

"Are you going to keep talking nonsense or are you going to leave me alone? I prefer the latter." She snapped as she stood. Her hand remained on Ashfire. Even though she knew if it came down to him attacking her, he would win because the knight had his speed. But her fire burned brighter in Helell.

"You have a fiery spirit, Princess." He commented as he followed her suit. His eyes wondered to the lake before turning back to her. There was a glimmer in his eyes. "I wondered how exactly you will be when you achieve your goal and become the high lady. Will you be cruel and unforgiving like Aeron or just and noble like Aemma? Or a warrior like Arcadius? Or good like Keila?"

"Who are you?" He asked.

"Valia Lamonia." She answered, annoyed with the sound of his voice.

What was he getting at? The princess thought.

He stepped closer to her, and she backed away. Her hand gripped her sword with intent. She would try her best to kill him if he overstepped and dump his body in the lake or burn it. Either would work. "No, what type of ruler would you be? You already seem like you're rough around the edges. A little twisted on the inside. Maybe...like Aeron but more like Arcadius...both took the throne from their brothers. Whether valid or not. They still did it and they won."

"If you want to take Helell, I can help you, Valia. The knights of Helell will follow me and in return they will follow you.  You can trust me."

She held her head up high as she stared him in the eyes. "What's in for you?" She knew she had just admitted to his words. "How am I to trust you?" She removed her hand from Ashfire, slowly.

"You make me the commander of war." He admitted.

She shook her head. "Commander of arms. My cousin will be in control of war. You will not." She argued. "If that was all you wanted then we will discuss this another time." She nodded toward the knight who was seconds from glare at her.

Before he could speak, she interrupted and in a low and harsh tone, she said, "Argue with me and I will make you the second to the commander of arms, Averill Eliodoro." She exhaled as she let the flame run free. Fire danced around her hand as she lifted it. "And if you betray me, I will burn you alive and laugh at your screams." She laughed as she placed her hand over his armor and watched as slowly melted. As she removed her hand, the knight looked at her with wide eyes. He did not know of her gift.