Chapter 40

Alessandro

I'm want to marry you someday. Has been the very wish that I rehearsed in my head every time Violet has put a candle in front of my face.

Every year she made me a cupcake I'd blow out the candle with the same thought in mind.

It's all I remember, looking forward to every birthday in high school knowing she'd bring me the same thing. Knowing I could wish for the same thing.

Now knowing that it might come true.

The rose gold asscher diamond cut engagement ring glints in the sun as I inspect it from every angle.

I shut the velvet box shut hearing the satisfying snap before stuffing it in my pocket. "Aless?" I hear a soft voice call a second later followed by soft footsteps onto the balcony.

"Good morning." She yawns leaning next to me pressing her elbows onto the railing.

"Good morning baby." I smile kissing her forehead. Her eyes close briefly at the contact, she pulls on my neck keeping my lips pressed against her.

"Good morning." She mumble again pulling me down to connect our lips.

I sigh into her mouth, melting against her warmth. My heart beats in my throat when she brings her hands to the hem of my pants, close to the velvet box resting against my thigh.

I grab her hands and bring them to rest on my chest. She pulls on my shirt stepping on her toes to press her mouth harder against mine.

Her tongue swirls quickly against mine. "Aless?" She whispers.

"Hm?" I hum against her. She pulls away and looks up at me, her eyes shining with the sun light.

"Will you shower with me?" Her cheeks tint pink making me laugh. I squeeze her cheek with my thumb giving her another kiss on the lips.

"Of course." I drop my hands to her ass giving her a little smack. "We're going to the museum today is that ok?"

Her eyes light up in recognition. "The louvre museum?" Her eyes hold so much hope and her body practically vibrates with excitement. "Where the Mona Lisa is?"

"That'd be the one." I nod, she squeals and throws her arms around my neck.

"Oh thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" She kisses me repeatedly and grins. "Even our babies got excited! Feel!" She places my hand right under her breast, letting me feel the baby kicks.

I run my thumb over the spot watching as little movement is visible. My heart beats in my mouth for an entirely different reason.

My poor heart constricts. "The love I already hold for our babies is incomprehensible."

"They love you, you know." She whispers reaching up to cup my face.

I look up at her, hesitating. "Do they? I'm not even-"

"Don't." She says, her voice holding no room for debate. "Don't finish that sentence Alessandro."

My eyes drop back to her belly that has considerably grown since we arrived. I run my thumb in circles feeling a crazy amount of movement.

"You feel that?" My eyes snap up at the sadness in her voice. Her pretty green eyes hold tears. My heart breaks a little.

"Baby I'm sorry. Don't cr-"

"They love you." Her lip quivers, "if they're asleep and they hear your voice they wake up. When you touch me they start kicking. When you talk to them it feels like they're bouncing. They only move that much if you're around. Nobody gets that much of a reaction out of them but you. They love you Alessandro, they know you're their dad."