Chapter 33

Alessandro

Violet's sitting on our floor in front of a mirror. On one side of her the hair that lays on her shoulder is perfectly straight and on the other it's curled.

In one hand she holds the curls and the other a straightener. She told me that's what it was called. There's a little blue comb in her mouth that she uses every so often to brush through the hair she straightens.

The smoke that comes of the strands of hair always has me worried that her hair will fall off.

I just watch her trying to prolong the inevitable. I've been at home with her for the past week helping her heal and readjust to the world.

It's been hard on her both physically and mentally. The first few nights were nightmare racked. She barely got any sleep and I stayed up to be there and comfort her if she were to have another nightmare.

They aren't as often anymore. I thank the lord everyday. Living through the hell she went through once is fucked, but every fucking night? That's straight hell.

Her body image was ruined. She loves her body. So much. Which is why it hurts when she lets their filthy words get to her.

She's so fucking beautiful and she knows it but when they degraded her at her most vulnerable time she's bound to fucking question everything.

I'm going to give Todd and Tyler the worst deaths imaginable for the pain they caused her. Fuckers like them don't deserve to live.

"Can I try to do some?" I finally talk after staring at her all morning. Her questioning eyes meet mine in the mirror. "Your hair."

"Oh yea!" She grins beckoning me over. I get on my knees behind her and take the hair tool from her. "Tell me how?" I can feel the warmth of the machine on my fingers. It's making me a little nervous.

"Ok so," she sits up a little straighter. "You get a thin strand of hair and put it in between the two sides of the straightener. Make sure it's high enough to get the roots but not high enough to burn me. And do it slow enough to get it good but not too slow that my hair falls off. Oh! And don't touch the hair right when it gets out you'll burn yourself."

My jaw hangs open. "What?" I stare at her through the mirror in disbelief. "No. Violet, amore, I won't do it if I'll hurt you. And I don't want to make your hair fall off. I change my mind take the machine back."

She laughs, the sound goes straight to my heart. The happy twinkle in her eyes makes me feel accomplished. "Do it how I was doing it and I'll be fine."

I reluctantly sigh and take a small strand of hair. She grumbles at me, "take a bigger piece and do it freely."

I take a deep breath dropping some of my tenseness and follow her instructions of how to use this hair tool.

I feel my brows shoot to my hairline when her hair comes out straight when I'm done. "Wait can I do more?"

She grins at me and nods. I take at least a few hours to do every strand on her head. She didn't complain, not even once. She did have to go in and fix a few curls though.

"Come here." I pull her by the waist once all the hair stuff is put away. "I have to go to work." I feel her deflate into my chest.

"I don't want to be alone."

"I know." I move hair out of her face and stare down at her lovingly. "I won't be gone long, promise."

Her big innocent eyes fill with hope. "Can I come?"

"No." I shut her down. Her smile dies making me feel like shit. "I would take you but it's not a nice place."

"I don't care." She insists. "I won't complain."