Chapter 43

Violet

"Amore we can come back later after you've slept." Aless tries again to change my mind. We landed in LA an hour ago at two in the morning and he's really trying to make me go home without picking up our babies?

"Aless no." I groan pulling my hand from his grasp. "I want to go pick them up."

"I know." He murmurs taking a turn on Oaks street. "But my mom invited us for lunch with everyone, I just want you to be rested. Especially now since you've already been getting Braxton hicks."

"I'll be fine." I pat his hand that lays on my thigh, "they don't hurt all that much." Now that I've reached my thirtieth week of pregnancy my body has been going through all types of preparations for birth.

Aless is barely putting the car into park when I'm pushing the door open and rushing down the complex. When I get to two-forty one I'm banging on the door with my knuckles like a mad woman.

The door flies open, Oak stands there with flushed cheeks and messy hair. His face scrunches with an incredulous look. "Why are you banging on my door in the middle of the night, Vi? I was sleeping."

Then his eyes widen and a smile stretches at his lips. "Vi! Holy shit you're back!" He laughs and throws his arms around my neck. "Holy Jesus your belly tripled in size."

"Oak." I sigh patting his back. "I'm tired. My legs hurt, my head hurts, I'm freaking starving and I want to shower. Can I please have my babies and I'll see you tomorrow?"

On cue my babies Milo and Ginger run to the door. I nearly fall to my knees crying seeing how big they've gotten. Ginger is no longer a kitten. She's almost as large as Milo.

"Of course." Oak grins when he pulls away, his eyes lingering on my finger. "It looks better in person."

"You knew!?" I gasp. I've never known him to keep a secret. He's kinda like Dante.

Oak shrugs sheepishly. "I was promised that my body parts would be pulled off if I uttered a single word."

A big warm hand settles on my back. "I didn't say that."

"Who else knew?" I ask nudging Aless to bend down and pick up the cats.

"B and your mom I think." My hand is in Oaks as he watches my ring sparkle under the lights.

"Amore," he hands me the cats, "your eyes are dropping, I think it's time to go."

"Alright." I give oak another hug thanking him for watching the cats and follow Aless back to the car.

Both cats curl into balls on top of my bump rubbing their heads against me while purring. "Aw." I mumble leaning down to kiss them. "I missed you guys too."

I press my teeth into my lower lip trying my best to surpress a groan that comes with a cramp to my lower stomach.

I see Aless's head snap in my direction. "What was that? Should I take a u-turn to the hospital?"

"No." I grunt massaging my fingers into the tight spot on my stomach. "Braxton hicks, pains of prodromal labor."

"What? Baby," he sighs clenching his fingers around the steering wheel. "Tell me you're ok?"

"Fine." I clench my teeth taking a deep breath. "False labor."

Aless looks stressed. "How can you be sure?"

"Aless." I choke out a laugh that turns into a grunt. "Amor, don't stress." His eyes flicker to me, softening. "I checked earlier, I'm only one centimeter dilated."