Chapter 30

Alessandro

The drive to the lactation is quiet. No music or arguing just quiet. The sound of uneven breathing is coming from everybody. I roll down my window feeling the cold breeze hit my face.

I decided it was best if I drove since I was afraid Rowan would have road rage, and Brielle probably couldn't see through her tears, Oakley kept zoning out, and Dante and Leo are completely out of it.

I repeatedly clench the steering wheel in my hands trying to calm myself the fuck down.

If a single hair on her head is hurt I'll fucking lose it. She has to be ok. She better be alive, dammit.

"She'll be alright." Rowan whispers from beside me.  "She has to be." He nods letting out a deep breath.

I let his words sink in and choose to believe them. She'll be alright, she has to be.

I repeat it over and over until we reach our destination which is some sort of warehouse hidden by abandoned overpasses.

"Alright Leo and Brielle will stay in the car. The rest of us will go in. Oakley you can stay if you want." I grab my guns making sure they're in my holster.

"I'm going." He gets up and grabs a few blades. I arch a brow as I watch him, does he know how to work those?

"Here are the ear pieces." Leo hands us the little black buds and shows Oakley how to put it on.

"Oakley just follow our lead, don't and when I say don't, I mean do not leave our side got it?" I tell him. He nods and straightens out his vest.

"Alright let's go"

"Wait!" Brielle throws her arms around Rowan making him freeze. "Don't get hurt. Or die. Don't die because I um... I'll miss you."

"I'll be safe." He kisses her forehead making sure she gets back in the car before we leave.

"Remember the plan?" Rowan tears his eyes away from her as we walk away.

"Get her out alive." Dante's face is hard as we approach the door. Dante kicks the door open, bullets begin to fly everywhere.

I grab Oakley by the shoulder pulling him behind the wall. I keep him with me as Dante, Rowan and I shoot back.

"Shit!" Dante curses. He drops his mag quickly reloading to shoot back. Bodies after bodies drop, thudding onto the ground.

"Clear!" Rowan nods towards the empty room. We all get up filing further into the warehouse.

My blood runs could when Violet's tortured screams each my ears. "Stop! Stop! Please!" She cries out, my heart stops as I run through all the room In search for her.

"You're hurting me!" She screams and sobs, I run faster as her voice gets louder, "get off of me!"

As soon as I open the steel door at the end of the hall the scene playing out in front of me makes my vision go red, Todd is forcing himself on her.

I immediately yank him off of her and shoot both his kneecaps. I turn my attention to Violet to see her curled in a ball shaking with tears in her shut eyes.

"Violet?" I call out in a soft voice. She freezes, peeking open an eye.

"Aless." She cries. "It's hurting me. It hurts, Aless make it stop please." She whimpers. I gently pick her up and rush her out of this war zone.

"I found Sebastian he's restrained." Rowan's voices echos through the mics.

"Get Todd he's in the back room at the end of the hall, then get the hell out of there I have Violet." I rush to the separate car that has Dr. Jens in it.