~CHAPTER 29~

THOR

I didn't go to the spring formal because I was too busy helping my dad, Alpha Brock, and Beta Gage with pack related duties. Plus, I didn't have a date, and I didn't really want to go, anyway. I don't date or sleep around because I am waiting for my mate. Which I should have found when we turned 18. But here I am 19-years-old, still without a mate. Hell, my 17-year-old sister shifted early and found her mate. What is so wrong with me I can't have a mate? I was sitting at the creek in the woods, minding my own business. I heard a noise; I didn't feel threaten. The only people they know about this spot are my parents. I looked at my phone when I realized it was 9 a.m. shit I had to get ready for graduation. I got up and walked away. When I find this lady sleeping beneath the leaves. I kneeled down, and I gently tapped her shoulder. She opened her eyes and looked scared.

"Are you lost?" I asked her.

"Y-Yes—umm—N-No!" she said. I just looked at her and gave her a little confused look.

"Ok, I want to help you, but I can't help you if you don't tell me what happened. I won't hurt you; I promise." I told her. My wolf and I feel so calm and reserved around her.

"Well, my parents told me to stay out of the woods because of the werewolves. They didn't trust them! But my parents threw me out like I was trash. I worked three jobs; gave them all my money, and it still wasn't enough. They wanted to sell my body. I refused to the kicked me out." She said.

"Why would they do such a horrible thing?" I asked her.

"Drugs, greed, and selfishness. I don't know. I just knew that I didn't belong there. I was working so hard to save up to leave and they took everything I had, even got me fired from all my jobs." She said. "I had no choice. I had to run away."

"You realize that the myths about werewolves living in the forests could be genuine, right?" I asked.

"I'm aware and I would rather live with wolves than so-called parents like them." She said.

"My name is Thor Adams. Come on and let's get you some food, a nice bath, and some clean clothes." I said. She nodded. "You look about my sister's size. I am sure I can find you something to wear."

"Julia.... Julia Hart. Thank you for your kindness." She said. I reached out for her hand and helped her stand up. When her hand was in my, I swear I felt sparks. There is something about his women that is driving me and my wolf Colter crazy. We walked back to my house. I moved out of my parent's house when I came home from training. Too much girl drama going on. Then everything with their mates was just getting to me. My sister stays here every so often, so they have stuff here. Once at my house, I showed her the bathroom and helped her into a bath. While she was in the bath, I made her something to eat. I placed clean clothes for her on my bed. Then I grabbed my suit and went to the spare bedroom to get showered and changed. When I got finished, I knocked on my bedroom door and there was no answer. I slowly opened, and I saw she had gotten dressed. But had fallen asleep on my bed. She is ours, claim her. You don't know that she is ours. But I feel it. I feel something but I'm not sure. I ignore my wolf and I wake her.

"Hey Julia, I have to leave. Do you want to come with me?" I asked her. She opened her eyes, and I saw the purest blue eyes I've ever seen.

"Sure, where are we going? It is ok I tag along?" Julia asked.

"Of course it is. It is my sister's graduation ceremony. So, come on or we are going to be late." I said. She smiled and walked out of my house and into my truck and we drove to the ceremony location. She saw where we were, and she just looked at me and looked confused.

"After your ceremony, can we talk? Please?" Julia asked.

"Of course." I said I helped her out of the truck, and I kissed her on the cheek. I felt sparks. Not powerful. I am pretty sure my mate is human. "I think it would be a good idea if we talked when this was over, too."