~CHAPTER 17~

BROCK

I woke up around 1 a.m. to being told by one of my warriors that he smelled something feral. So, we got some of the Jalen men and did the perimeter search. Men went in each direction, East, West, North, and South. When checking in I got 'East All clear,' 'North all clear' and 'South all clear.' 'There coming in on the west. There are about 200 of them. I looked at Gage and said, "Mink-link Jalen NOW." He nodded. Gage mind-link Jalen.

GAGE: Jalen, we are under attack on the west side.

JALEN: I am on my way! Get everyone that isn't fighting to the safe rooms.

GAGE: All women, elderly, and children to the safe rooms now!

I could feel Sylvie with me through this battle and I had to do everything I could not to block her. I need her to feel that I was alive. But if I got hurt, I would have to block her. I reached the West side and started ripping wolves apart. I didn't care who they were as long as they were the enemy.

JALEN

I was in my bedroom with Regan. I was getting ready for the battle this morning. Her brother Rafael mention that time they said they were planning to attack was 7 a.m. It was after 4 a.m. and I knew I needed to get my mate to the safe room, as well as all the women and children. The next thing we know is the sound of the blaring alarm sirens going off. I looked at her and I woke her up.

"Regan, grab the women and children and run to the safe rooms. NOW!!" I said. She looked at me and nodded. I jumped out my window and shifted into my wolf. I am a huge midnight-black wolf that stands about 7-feet tall.

I made it to the battle zone, and there were wolves fighting everywhere. I jumped in and fought. Within two-hours into the battle, we had taken out damn near all of their men. There was about 10-15 left plus their leader. They sent a lot of Brock men to guard the territory border and the pack house. Then I got a panic mind-link from Regan:

REGAN: HELP ME THEY HAVE ME; THEY BROKE THE DOOR TO THE SAFE ROOM AND TOOK ME!

JALEN: WHERE ARE YOU REGAN??

REGAN: NEAR YOUR OLD TREE HOUSE!! (She wasn't far from the battlefield.)

JALEN: I AM COMING LOVE; I AM GOING TO SAVE YOU. I LOVE YOU!!

REGAN: I LOVE YOU TOO!!

When I got to the tree house, I saw no one other than my brother, Lynx Rowland Phillips. It can't be him. There is no way. My very pregnant mate. I thought he was dead. He supposedly died in a rogue fight when he was fifteen. However, he is holding my mate. She is crying, and this doesn't look good.

"Lynx, is that really you?" I asked him.

"Yes, surprised to see me after all these years?" He asked.

"Yes, but what the hell are you doing? She is pregnant?" I told him. He laughed.

"Why should I care? You took my position as Alpha of Black Hawk. So, I am going to take what matter most to you. Your mate and pup, it looks like." He said.

"Lynx, I was only 10 years old then, and I wasn't even there when that fight happened. I was in Fleet-Saddle attending the Wolf Boarding School and you know it. I couldn't have protected you. I didn't even have my wolf yet!" I said to my estranged brother.

"True. But you still took the position. Though didn't you?" He said.

"I had little choice. Our parents are dead. If you want the Alpha position and the pack. Take it, I never wanted it. I only did it, in your honor and to please dad, Lynx. You're my big brother and I looked up at you." I said.