~CHAPTER 5~

KORBIN

I have been running in the forest for what seemed like hours. The Alpha and the wolves had been chasing him. He found a cave and hid inside it in a safe place. However, after a while, all those wolves looked elsewhere. Or so she thought. Korbin comes out of the cave and runs back toward the cabin to get towards his truck. But about 50 feet from his truck, River and Luka took him down. River and Luka fought him, and Korbin was still fighting when he heard the growl and submitted to it. It was from Alpha Braxton.

"Enough, all of you. Now shift!" Braxton said. They nodded and shifted.

"Yes, Alpha. Sorry Alpha." River said.

"I am sorry about this, but he wouldn't stop running. We tackled him and told him to stop, and he fought." Luka said.

"Is this true Korbin?" Braxton said.

"Yes, I am going nowhere with these peasants." I said.

"Shut-it Korbin. These men are your warriors. Then fight for this pack anytime we have a war or there is a threat on the pack and now you're being a tool." Braxton said.

"Seriously Korbin, we put our lives on the line to protect you every time there is a threat, and this is what you think of us? Next time they can have your ass." Luka and River said mutually. Braxton nodded.

"You're going to let them threaten me like that, Alpha?" I said.

"Well, here is the thing Korbin Barlowe. You have many charges already pending against you. Korbin, you are being charged with assault, kidnapping, rape, and drugging another. Plus, resisting arrest and fighting with my warriors. River Luka takes him to the cells. I will deal with him later." Braxton said. Korbin just looked at him.

"Why the hell,? You have got to be kidding me? Mandy rejected me and I love Sylvie. She wouldn't do this to me." I said.

"Well, Mandy had been mated to her mate for a year and Sylvie didn't report it. Your friends came to me. We went to her about it. That is when she told us what happened. You are in big trouble. Unless you tell us your side of the story." Braxton said.

"Fine, I will tell you what happened. But without your goons around. Just you and me. I don't feel safe around them." I said. Braxton nodded at his men.

"That's fine. Like I said, Boys take him to the cells for now." Braxton said. They left and Braxton followed them all the way to the pack house, and they took him to the dungeon and to the cells.

BRAXTON

It did not surprise me at all that he ran. But I had a feeling that he would come back for his truck. Because I knew he would try to leave the territory. So, I told the guys to go back to the cabin and guard it. I am so thankful that I did. Because that it exactly what that stupid idiot did. Why Kai went to inform about ten-fifteen other warriors that we may need them? My Beta needed back at the pack house. There was a problem and dad needed him. Apparently dad sighted a rouge and needed both of them to question it. Which is fine by me. So, I hear River and Luka wolves growling in an attack with another wolf. I knew with was with Korbin's. So. I am racing back to the cabin. Korbin isn't giving up. My wolf growled in alpha command for them to stop. They all looked up at me.

I walked into my office, and I saw my father sitting there looking at the papers. He looked up at me and knew that something had happened. He knew I needed to cool off before I did something that I would regret or would change the course of how I would see myself. But this was about Sylvie, my best friend's little sister. She was like my sister growing up.