~CHAPTER 10~

SYLVIE

It has been a few months since Braxton and Nova's honeymoon trip. When they came back, they found out that she was pregnant. She has been having a tough time. Brock has been taking care of most of the Alpha duties for the pack. Today he is running the training session for the pack warriors and soldiers, along with the head trainers.

I am back to working at the bookstore again. It is like it was before I lost my vision. It was great. Today we have been extra busy. I am working with my girls Jazzy and Ellie today. Ellie works at the café. Jazzy was stocking books, and I was working on the payroll and other fun documents in the office. After work, I go out for coffee with the girls. It has been forever.

"Hey girls, how have you two been?" Ellie asked.

"I've been great!" Jazzy said.

"I'm doing ok. As good as expected." I told them.

"Girl, we miss you!" Jazzy said. I smiled and hugged them both.

"I missed you both. How has everything been lately?" I asked.

"Well, Dex and I had a pregnancy scare a few weeks ago." Jazzy said. We looked at her, shocked.

"How did he feel about it?" I asked her.

"He was happy about being a dad. I was scared but happy." Jazzy said.

"But tell her what happened." Ellie said.

"My period was 2 ½ weeks late and when it finally came I just spotted a little. So, I took a test, and it said positive. So, I told him, and he was all excited. I made an appointment with one of the pack doctors. They did tests and told me that 'it was an ectopic pregnancy and we needed to end' I was in so much shock that I just walked out of their office and went home crying. I went home and told Dex. We both cried. A few nights later, I woke up in extreme pain and when I went to get out of bed, there was blood everywhere. Dex rushed me to the hospital. Your brother was on duty. He told me I was having a miscarriage."

"Oh my, how are you and Dex handling this?" I asked her.

"Well, to be honest." She chuckled. "He wants to try again. I mean, come on, we are mates and have been married since I was 18 and he was 19. We are 20 and 21 now; we seem to be ok. So, it seems logical. But I told him we will have pups when the moon goddess blesses us with them." Jazzy said.

"I agree with that. But I am ready to. Willow wants pups with Brock, too. But I have been afraid to approach the subject of starting a family with him." I said.

"Just say it!" They both said.

"Your right, I should. I am going to do it. I love you girls, but I am going to head home. I am tired, and I want to make dinner for Brock." I said.

"I love you both, But I should get going and meet Dex for dinner." Jazzy said.

"Me too, didn't realize it was getting this late and JT and I were going to his parents for dinner. I love you both." Ellie said.

We all gave each other a hug and then got into our cars. We waved at each other as we drove away. I headed to the store to pick up the groceries that I needed to make dinner and then I headed home. I sent Brock a text message.

SYLVIE: HEY WILL YOU BE HOME FOR DINNER? XOXO S😉

BROCK: YES BABE, HEADING HOME NOW. XOXO B😊

SYLVIE: OK, JUST LEFT THE STORE ON MY WAY HOME TO MAKE DINNER. YOU BETTER BRING THE DESERT.... XOXO 😉

BROCK: OH, I BRING THE DESERT AND YOU KNOW IT LOVE! XOXO B😉😉