I looked over my mother again who wore a dark blue dress that perfectly hugged her slim figure and covered her shoulders and collarbone area until her arms with a lace fabric. It's a simple dress, but my mom is undeniably beautiful and elegant no matter what she wears.

She looked over me and reassuringly smiled at me. I felt her hold my hand and slightly squeezed it to comfort me.

I sighed, looking down at my silver stilettos that were paired with the white off-the-shoulder dress that my father had told me to wear.

White. I couldn't help but bitterly smile at that.

Soon, the Lees arrived. This is the first time that I am to meet them, and my impression immediately wasn't great.

The young man who stared at me was off, and I am sure that he is my fiance considering that he is the only new person in the house that looked around my age.

He eyed me up and down, and I immediately caught the sinister smirk on his lips as he did that.

I suddenly feel unsafe.

"This is my daughter, Gyul. Gyul, these are Mister and Missus Lee," my mother introduced us, letting go of my hand to push me slightly forward and greet them.

As I was always taught to do, I smiled at them warmly and politely greeted them with a bow before shaking hands with them. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Mister Lee. Missus Lee."

"Oh, what a lovely daughter you have. No wonder why you've been keeping her," Mister Lee said and I immediately taught his words was somehow suspicious.

I do feel like I am kept and sheltered but there was something about how he said that which made me feel like there is a deeper implication on his words.

"Gyul. This is Lee Taemin, your fiance," My father introduced, and the young man went up to me and held my hand. "What a stunning lady you are, Miss Gyul." He smiled at me then lifted my hands up and kissed the back of my palm.

I immediately pulled my hand away from him as soon as his lips landed on my flesh. He seemed surprised by my sudden action, and I was already sweating with nervousness because my father might think that was rude of me but to my relief, he defended me.

"My apologies for that. Our Gyul here is just a conservative woman. She doesn't particularly enjoy being around and touched by men."

His parents nodded in understanding and seemed pleased to know that, and even Taemin seemed pleased to know that by how his smile turned into a grin as he once again eyed me.

I mean, it's true, but Taemin is another story. Something in my system tells me that I should run away from him and I know I should trust myself on this one.

We invited them to our dining area where the table is already set. I sat beside my mother but Taemin sat beside me.

Food was then served. We waited for my father to touch his plate first before we started.

Our parents were talking during dinner while I slowly (and forcefully) ate mine being that I have no appetite at the moment.

"So, are you perhaps in a current relationship with someone?" Taemin asked me, and I shook my head, not even bothering to look at him while I sliced the steak on my plate.