Chapter 48: Madness

Cyrus's POV:

"You okay Cyrus?" Poppy asks. She held the ice on my forehead.

"I'm fine. Just tired," I reply, weakly. There was a knock on the door. Lorenzo went over and answered it.

"Where is he?!" Mom cries.

"He's in here, Hayley!" Poppy calls. My parents and Ethan ran over to me. Drew followed behind them.

"Dude you scared the hell out of me! Don't do that again!" He exclaims. I ignored him.

"What happened?" Dad asks.

"He saved me. Some werewolves working for Vinnie attacked me but Cyrus jumped in and saved me," Storm explains.

"Why didn't you fight back?" Dad asks.

"I did! But they put that stupid device on my ankle. Vinnie's device where it hinders my powers," Storm replies. She lifted up her leg and showed her ankle.

"Shit. Only Vinnie and his minions can remove it," Mom mutters.

"I know who one of his minions are," Drew says.

"Who?" Poppy asks.

"Cain," Drew says.

"No way," I say.

"Cyrus, you need to rest," Storm says.

"Yes Cyrus. Vinnie has been running you ragged since Lorenzo left," Mom says.

"What?" Lorenzo asks.

"Vinnie finally found out where you lived and he went in and to find you gone. He was pissed," Mom states.

"Why is he coming here to Italy? Does he know we're here?" Lorenzo questions.

"Yes. He had Darrion bug Storm's phone and he was going to find you but en route on the flight here, the signal stopped," Drew explains.

"That's because I destroyed it. So I was right. We saw a broadcast on TV of Vinnie merging companies with a company called Green Light here in Verona Ora so I figured he must've bugged Storm's phone. Not gonna lie, I thought Cyrus must've had a hand in it," Lorenzo says.

"Why would I lead Vinnie to her?" I say.

"Cyrus, please just rest," Angel says. I sat up and sighed.

"Cyrus, you shouldn't have ran off like that," Dad says.

"I'm sorry. I smelled Storm's scent and they did too. I followed them and Alex was gonna kill her. Granted, Storm murdered his fiancé," I note.

"She was going to kill me! I defended myself. They were gonna take me to Vinnie!" Storm exclaims.

"I know. I had no choice but to kill Alex. I didn't want to but I had to. And since Vinnie was running me ragged trying to find a hint of Lorenzo or Storm, I was exhausted. I used the last bit of my strength to kill Alex and I fell," I explain.

"So I brought him here. Dad, I'm sorry but I was so worried about him," Storm says. Lorenzo breathed heavily.

"I don't know what to say. I don't know what to do. I came here to get away from the craziness but the craziness followed us to Italy," He mutters.