Chapter 33: Powerless

Start from the beginning

"Storm!!" Bailey calls. I ignored her. I ran out of United Academy and off campus. I wanted to be far away from everyone. I cried as I ran. I was so angry.

At Cyrus; at Cain; at myself....at life. I ran into the woods, shifting into whatever magical being I could that would get me farther away from Lucky Springs.

I came across a lake. I fell to the ground and began sobbing. I covered my head and brought my knees to my chest. "Storm?" I heard a voice. I looked up to see Nigel.

He approached me, dressed in all black. "Nigel, what are you doing out here?" I ask, curiously.

"I should be asking you the same thing. Why are you crying? What happened?" He asks, as he sat down beside me. I leaned my head on his shoulder.

"Cain and Cyrus. They're still fighting," I reply. He sighed as he put an arm around me.

"Ah. They're boys, Storm. Not men. They'll grow up eventually. But I want you to stop focusing on them and focus on you. That's why I helped you in the first place," He replies.

I looked up at him. "What?" I ask.

"Storm, I told you I'm helping you to look out for your future. I didn't expect two boys into come into your life and spice it up. I want you to stop letting Cain & Cyrus ruin your life. Don't them distract you. Stop letting them force you into choosing which one of them you want to be with. Focus on you for the rest of the year. Graduation is only a four and a half months away," He explains.

I nodded. "Okay Nigel. Now why are you out here?" I ask, curiously.

"Seems like the government didn't entirely disband PROJECT MAGIC like they said they would. That facility that took Cain the second time Vinnie kidnapped you....they've been secretly working out here. See that cabin across the lake?" He begins.

I looked out across the lake and saw a cabin in the distance. "It looks well lit and in use," I mutter.

"They've been working out here

"They've been working out here. I've been watching them for awhile. PROJECT MAGIC almost dissolved completely. But this one group just doesn't want to let go of supernatural beings. Storm, they're after you. After they saw Catherine's notes on you, they're going to try to find you and find a way siphon all your magic from you. You need to be careful from now on. No more distractions," He explains.

"Just great. I got Vinnie to worry about and now this," I mutter.

"Just stay out of trouble. I gotta get back." He says, before using his powers to disappear. Then there was a large splash in the water. I smiled.