Surprises, Surprises... 38

To Enid, my dear werewolf,

I wish you an early happy birthday.

Love,

Wednesday Addams

Enid blinked at the letter with puckered lips, "Oookay..." she lightly hit the small letter against her fingers, clicking her tongue as she nodded, "okay, then."

She sat up on her bed, pulling her black-cat stuffed animal close to her chest.

"Interesting letter!" she scoffed with a smile, "By now she usually writes an entire page of her love for me, but this is definitely a change!"

Did she feel a bit of disappointment?

She would be lying if she said no.

The blonde lightly pinched the corner of the letter, reading the single sentence once again.

That's it? I mean... what the hell am I saying? she laughed at herself, I've never gotten a happy birthday letter before! So I should be grateful!

I should be grateful for this! It's the first time getting a letter and knowing Wends, this is her first time writing this kind of letter!

Enid let out a long sigh, "Relax... relax, girl, just be happy with it!"

She looked at the letter once again and immediately read it in less than ten seconds again.

Was she too excited?

Too excited to expect so much more?

What did people even get on their birthday cards? She didn't even know.

She decided to return to her crochet of a sloove.

Enid decided to actually create what Wednesday imagined a "inventive abomination."

It was going to be a wooly glove and a sleeve! A sloove! Just like their snoods coming from a hood and scarf!

She was in the middle of crocheting a black sloove, but obviously the letter came.

And honestly she was...

Oh, gosh, I need to get over it! I'm clearly being dramatic and overreacting. This is my first birthday card and Wednesday's first letter like this!

She stared at the letter again, ready to put it to the side, but stopped.

She saw something in the corner of the letter.

In the far corner were the tiniest lines, but then suddenly the letter flew out of her hand from a sudden gust of wind.

"Argh, son of a biting itch!" she "swore" and attempted to catch the letter that was thrown into the air.

Her balcony and windows were open due to the Summer heat, and the wind only blew through because it was night.

The waxing gibbous moon shined brightly from above onto the forest and houses around her home.

Tomorrow was a full moon.

But also tomorrow was her 17th birthday.

It has been three months.